IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Michael Dutcher
  #61 5/26/10 9:19 PM
The first time that I ever talked to Jesse Hockett, he walked up to me and said you must be a great mechanic because everything that you work on is fast. I told him that I would be a whole lot better if he would drive my car and he told me that maybe one day we can get together. I'll never forget those words. I've been very fortunate to have some of the greatest sprint car drivers in my cars and as my best friends and this is one of my saddest days. Jesse was a true outlaw traveler and will always be one of my heroes. I wish I could have gotten a shot with "The Rocket" just once. He will be greatly missed. Mike Dutcher #37 Indiana Underground.
grinch (Offline)
  #62 5/26/10 9:21 PM
R I P.......Hard to believe this is real..........
Eric Thompson II (Offline)
  #63 5/26/10 9:24 PM
That is absolutely horrible. I don't know what to say. Does anybody know where I could get a shirt? I'm sure that will be a piece to hold onto.
younggun398 (Offline)
  #64 5/26/10 9:24 PM
So so sad to hear. Jesse was a great guy, outgoing, helpful, intellagent, and brave. I am very pround to say he was a friend of mine and fellow racer. He had great talent and truely loved our sport. Jesse was a hero to many and will remain one. I am pround to say i have raced side by side with one of the best and will tell this for years to come. He will be truely missed. Thought and prayers go out to his family and friends from us all at RGM. #98

Sincerely,
Chad Boespflug
redbullfan (Offline)
  #65 5/26/10 9:24 PM
r.i.p.JESSE ... PRAYERS ARE WITH HIS FAMILY AND FANS SUCH A SAD DAY IN THE RACING WORLD
bmemmer (Offline)
  #66 5/26/10 9:26 PM
R.I.P Jesse
1BIGracefan (Offline)
  #67 5/26/10 9:26 PM
Jesse Hockett was a class act and always had time for a quick conversation. He was a true talent and a real "outlaw" he will be missed by all!!

Gods Speed Rocket
fishnman (Offline)
  #68 5/26/10 9:29 PM
A throwback............ a true racer

R.I.P. You will be missed.
sprint38racer (Offline)
  #69 5/26/10 9:30 PM
so hard to believe RIP Jesse and prayers and thoughts for family and friends
farriswheel (Offline)
  #70 5/26/10 9:39 PM
Rest in Peace "Rocket". I enjoyed watching you display your talents and though I never had the chance to speak with you, it seems as if you have left your mark on the hearts of many. Prayers to the entire Hockett family/friends.
Closed Thread