IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City / OConnors
7/9/16, 10:05 PM   #61
Nate

I had to good of a time at the Frolic last night but man...this makes for good reading waiting for this A to roll off at Kokomo lol

2 members like this post: cwfan08, Jbaldwin
7/9/16, 10:48 PM   #62
robb

Hey guys me and my wife both have full time jobs,so we got there late, sat 5 rows up and loved our seats cause there was no seats left. It was 1 of the best shows I have ever seen. I feel like you folks got short changed, but there is not a bad seat in the house at G.C.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cwfan08, fish, Jbaldwin
7/10/16, 12:09 AM   #63
Re: Gas City / OConnors
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
I haven't been back to Kokomo since 2006 over the way I was treated at the search gate to get in. I didn't complain I just never went back. Now I just spend my money at other race tracks.
You have missed some really good races

7/10/16, 12:55 AM   #64
jim goerge

The way GC went about the blanket policy really sucks, if that's the way they wanted it there should have been a large readable sign on the LOCKED gate. The thing that really gets me is the way someone described how a deputy handled the elderly gentleman with the oxygen tank, that should have never happened.

7/10/16, 2:27 AM   #65
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by interpreter66 View Post
Wait till Charles finds out ��
Why would I care? This in response about what thread has the most views ever.

Had a great time tonight at Waynesfield, With my cooler, with my stadium seat, was said hi too by at least five track staff and the sanction promoter. I got no problem saying some of the reasons in the thread is why I chose this option. I honestly don't care how great a product is if your business isn't appreciated A thank you when you buy a ticket or have a great night. A hello or a kind resolving of track policy when entering the gate. A thank you upon buying something inside the gate.

Im not out to hurt any track, But some people make it sound like they could piss on you all night and as long as they called it rain, IT's OK.

Chuck, going to take a lot of flak for this one, Maybe it will set a record? Again, I don't care about that. I care that people find the tracks as enjoyable as the racing and if some (SIMPLE) steps were taking just to say Welcome or thank you. It would go a long way toward making people want to come back or visit in the first place.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 7/10/16 at 2:53 AM.

2 members like this post: Can26, sprinter14
7/10/16, 3:17 AM   #66
fish

1) This one won't set a record.

2) PITCART has already taken blame for pulling up the blankets.

3) If you were at Kokomo, no one boycotted the event and there were no protesters out front.

4) To those that placed blankets and had them taken up. I'd probably have been upset to. I'm not sure what it's worth coming from me, but I apologize for your troubles. Please enjoy the rest of ISW.

5) Those were two great days of racing.
Last edited by fish; 7/10/16 at 3:19 AM.

7 members like this post: billm233, Bobv, BrentTFunk, cwfan08, Jbaldwin, PIT CART, Speedsme61x
7/10/16, 3:27 AM   #67
flagboy55

Ultimately this thread was about what appeared to be a rule change mid-game. And that is never a good thing. However I believe, that there had to be some kind of communication breakdown (cue the Led Zeppelin) that caused the problem. I am sure that the folks in charge are well aware of the miscues and I'd bet you won't see the situation reoccur. A couple other observations, I have been to kokomo many times, although not as much as I would like to, and never have I been treated without a smile and a thanks at the ticket window. As for the blanket thing, I've been on both sides. I don't have a problem with putting down blankets as long as they are used and don't take more than you need. I put some down today. I had almost as much fun outside the track talking to some really cool people as I did inside the track. I went in for qualifying and told the people I was saving seats for "if you ain't in by the first heat I'm pulling up your spot". Now these are my friends but fair is fair. I got there early to get the better seats but have no desire to abuse it

6 members like this post: Charles Nungester, erich45, fish, FishBurger, Jbaldwin, Jerry Shaw
7/10/16, 7:20 AM   #68
FEATHERDUSTER

I didn't even bother to read more than the first page of of this ridiculous thread!
Gas City was the one race track that I only needed to visit once to know why it can't seem to make it and the answer is because it had pizz poor management.
You drive for hundreds of miles to see a show only to find that most of the seats had been taped off long before the first green flag ever waved that year and at least half of them don't get used until the feature.
The mud in the stands and in the catch fence was terrible,the parking lot a mud bog and the food was just ok.
Who do you blame, the management that's who. Well that's not the way we always did it when Gas City was open, and that's why it's not open.
Along comes the O'Connor crew to try any make a go of it and give folks another track to see a race and all you can do is *****, well why don't you take over that dying/dead track and make a go of it yourself.
I used to go to Eldora for years until Earl sold it and the new owner turned it into a winged NASCAR track.
Kokomo speedway is a premier dirt track with great maintenance,good food and excellent management.
You will never hear me complain about anything the O'Connor crew does because they do it right.

SOME FOLKS WOULD ***** IF YOU HUNG THEM WITH A NEW ROPE.

2 members like this post: Speedsme61x, Stephen Cording
7/10/16, 7:42 AM   #69
PIT CART

Feather duster you mentioned Eldora becoming a winged nascar track. It's threads like this that keeps usac being there only 3 times a year. Way to many people complain about the track conditions.

7/10/16, 8:32 AM   #70
Tumey's 55

I was a Kokomo regular for over 15 years until my recent move. Prior to the O'Connors purchasing the track it was a mess, bad track prep, poor attendance, low car counts, etc. They came in and turned things around very quickly likely saving the facility. Now the racing is second to none with the best teams and drivers routinely present. I was always greeted with a smile at the ticket booth and by other family members. There is only one grumpy guy I have encountered and he has been commented on in many threads. BTW, I always greeted him with a smile and said hello just to see if I could get him to respond in kind...never really got much beyond a nod. I will be making the trek from NC for Smackdown and cant't wait. To each their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Why would I care? This in response about what thread has the most views ever.

Had a great time tonight at Waynesfield, With my cooler, with my stadium seat, was said hi too by at least five track staff and the sanction promoter. I got no problem saying some of the reasons in the thread is why I chose this option. I honestly don't care how great a product is if your business isn't appreciated A thank you when you buy a ticket or have a great night. A hello or a kind resolving of track policy when entering the gate. A thank you upon buying something inside the gate.

Im not out to hurt any track, But some people make it sound like they could piss on you all night and as long as they called it rain, IT's OK.

Chuck, going to take a lot of flak for this one, Maybe it will set a record? Again, I don't care about that. I care that people find the tracks as enjoyable as the racing and if some (SIMPLE) steps were taking just to say Welcome or thank you. It would go a long way toward making people want to come back or visit in the first place.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jbaldwin
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City / OConnors