IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC wish list for 2016
8/29/15, 11:24 AM   #51
Re: USAC wish list for 2016
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
Actually these threads usually turn negative, because they create unreal expectations. I doubt anyone who was in our group last night would have called me buzzkill, but I was at a race not on my keyboard. If you really want something to happen put up the money and make it happen.
I agree 100%. Once again, USAC is blamed for all of the problems in the world. USAC business model works when they host successful race nights. If the (insert your favorite class) would race at (insert your favorite Track) was a money maker it would happen.

The issue is that most all of these races that everyone has dreamed up is not a money maker, or the risk/reward factor is so large that no promoter wants to take them on.

It takes several factors to make a successful race night. Does the track have a big enough front gate to support a national show? Is the facility safe/modern enough to support a national show? Is there a population base/draw to support a national show? Is there enough race cars (in the area or that will tow to the area) for a national show? Is there an open race date that will work on both USAC and the tracks schedule? Will the promoter actively promote the show? (i.e. not be a ticket taker) Does the promoter have the financial capability to bankroll the show? If a promoter thinks that they can answer yes to all of these questions, have them call USAC. They are always looking for successful race nights.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, i love dirt track racing
8/29/15, 5:11 PM   #52
chasinracin2

How about paying more. I hate to say it but I think non wing racing is going to be a thing of the past if we don't do something about paying these guys more. If I need to pay an extra 5 bucks to pay these drivers more I would. WoO & Lucas Oil Late Models always pay good and have great car counts every night.

2 members like this post: mowerman, oppweld
8/29/15, 11:26 PM   #53
Motormasher

I hope USAC doesn't read this ridiculous thread. Fans don't need to be making the rules for the racers. geeze

8/30/15, 2:14 AM   #54
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
I hope USAC doesn't read this ridiculous thread. Fans don't need to be making the rules for the racers. geeze
Companies pay big $$$ for market research, we're giving it to them for free. They can decide for themselves whats ridiculous

5 members like this post: captrat, davidm, dirt330, oppweld, tubemaster
8/30/15, 12:17 PM   #55
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinracin2 View Post
How about paying more. I hate to say it but I think non wing racing is going to be a thing of the past if we don't do something about paying these guys more. If I need to pay an extra 5 bucks to pay these drivers more I would. WoO & Lucas Oil Late Models always pay good and have great car counts every night.
While I agree with you in theory, the fact is lower paying shows draw just as many cars. If a track charges $5 more a person they will have less people. I know several people who can't afford to go now.

8/30/15, 3:19 PM   #56
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
While I agree with you in theory, the fact is lower paying shows draw just as many cars. If a track charges $5 more a person they will have less people. I know several people who can't afford to go now.
I wouldn't say pay more for reg shows. Say the spring stuff at each track But I would love to see Sprint Week pay m40ore and maybe have a couple more bigger paying races, or two day shows with the top four prelim 5k to win guaranteed a starting spot in the final 10k+40 lapper.

Just races that more would be willing to tow in from parts unknown for.

2 members like this post: captrat, oppweld
8/30/15, 5:16 PM   #57
chasinracin2

These people who can't afford 5 more bucks to watch a good show can give up a cigarette or a vapor.I get tired of choking on that crap.They burn that up sitting there.

2 members like this post: oppweld, tubemaster
8/30/15, 7:48 PM   #58
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasinracin2 View Post
These people who can't afford 5 more bucks to watch a good show can give up a cigarette or a vapor.I get tired of choking on that crap.They burn that up sitting there.
But they won't

8/30/15, 9:15 PM   #59
axman775

I would definitely give up having two beers to pay an extra $5 to raise the purse.

8/31/15, 5:43 AM   #60
BrentTFunk

Sprint racing really needs to attract people outside of the hardcores. Raising the price will not do that. I know people who complained when USAC raised the purse and the ticket went from $20 to $25.

1 member likes this post: fish
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC wish list for 2016