IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Umra/mtqrl
7/17/11, 2:54 PM   #51
Re: Umra/mtqrl
Ambrose93&39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
I't hard doing or thing with them damn Ambrose boy's in their too wish you guys had them back. Maybe only one in each group.

DAD
LMAO!!! It just wouldn't be the same without us cause you'd miss us soooo much...lol! Just like not having Striker(Andy) around at the track!!

1 member likes this post: Xflagman
7/17/11, 3:41 PM   #52
TQ29m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose93&39 View Post
Like you just said,"If any of these guys preferred a chain drive car, that's what they'd have." So why stop them? It's obviously not a problem with you now. There will always be a place in my heart for tq's because that's where I started, just would like to see some advancement with them that's all.
Gotta agree with ya there, it's hard to make any forward steps, when everyone, with a few exceptions, is still tied to the Honda, it's a good old engine, but oh so expensive to build new, but, it is what it is, I'm more than happy running my 600, and a quickchange, it is big dollars cheaper than the Honda, but, what to do, most folks have a shop full of parts for them, but they don't want to move on, now would be a good time to unload all that stuff, while there is still a market for it, I have a friend in Wi, that makes a damn good living, reviving the Honda, to be run, and ridden as it was, on the road, he has been the proud owner of my boring bar for several years, he came down, and went home with it, and about 20, good, stock, donor motors, and we've worked together on several projects that he has taken on, he has gone offshore, and had .010 over piston kits made, for the 836, same with rods, intake manifolds, if it's been made, or needed for an old Honda, he has it, but all he does, is revive bikes, I have another friend in Tx, he's a Honda bike nut, owns a speed shop, he can build you a 1250cc, SOHC Honda, with twin turbo's, if your interested, he rides a single turbo one to work daily, and has a 1250 he drag races when he feels the "need for speed"!

I see a lot of TQ guys, at the bottom of this, watching, but I guess they don't feel like chipping in, that' OK, I've carried the banner for 20 years, I can carry it a while longer! And, as far as the Yamaha 600 goes, I'm running the 600R, not the R6, R6 doesn't have enough "leg" in it. Bob

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Quote:
I't hard doing or thing with them damn Ambrose boy's in their too wish you guys had them back. Maybe only one in each group.

DAD
Hey, no problem, they had a good teacher! Bob

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Bob my back up motor is an 2004 kawasaki I have owned it since 2004 and never had the head of of it I ran it for 4 years very hard. I took it off because the 2008 had a more advanced design. It cost me $1900.00 on ebay. If it blows I'll buy another and put it on. I'm a tinker by heart I built my own injection and test on an old 30 year old clayton Dyno. I can't tell you how much hp is there but I can tell you that my a/f ratio is spot on and I'm not going to fill my crank case with un used alky. If you get a chance try to make one our races I would like to talk to you in person. I still think your cars are neat even if you run on those big old tires now. It isn't any fun fighting amongst our self maybe get some outside agitators in to get people thinking.

DAD
Big ole tars? We ain't run the 8in since I been in it, and long before that, some of the guys run the 23.5/10 on the RR, but a lot are going back to the 10", lots lighter, and more available sizes for stagger, and you can get them up to 71-72", plus they're less expensive. Bob!

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

Here we go again, and I hear this a lot, when you make "wholesale" changes in something, it usually costs a lot of money, always, and obsoletes a lot of stuff, and I hear it from people who don't understand motors, if I had come in with a 600cc motor, that "whooped ass" on everyone, where would we/I be now? You'd be surprised at how good it makes you feel, when you can do more, with less, the first 2 years with the MTQRL, our average finish was 5th, that little, cheap ass motor, has made me a lot of money, and I didn't run anyone off, or cost anyone any money, or obsolete their equipment, to me, that's where it's at, hell, it's all braggin rights anyway, might as well make a little money along the way. Can you imagine this, they were actually wanting to make it an all Honda 836cc "club", how crazy is that? DAD, I never have more than $400.00 in all the parts I need to build my 600R, most expensive are rod bolts, at $4.00 each! Oh yea, BTW, I still am able to use the starter, with this engine, so I can start it, in the garage, on the jackstands, whenever I need a "fix". Bob!
Last edited by TQ29m; 7/17/11 at 3:55 PM.

7/17/11, 3:47 PM   #53
scooter99

HI Bob!

7/17/11, 3:51 PM   #54
TQ29m

Hi Jeff, it is about time for a cold one, poor ole JJ just spun, damn that hurts! Bob!

7/17/11, 3:59 PM   #55
scooter99

Man you sure are fired up. Must be the weather. we just got a shower hear an hour ago. That really helped cool things off . Hey Looks like im gonna get to race some this week. Any idea what i'm getting into going to Hendricks County?

7/17/11, 4:03 PM   #56
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I honestly don't know a darn thing about the cost, problems, whatever the differences.

I do know I like the TQ racing immensely and hope they are not changed to the point of not being TQ's, Inline push start and all that stuff that keeps them closer to a traditional Sprint/Midget than a motorcycle.
The racing I've seen has been close with lots of battles all race long.

Just my view, YMMV

1 member likes this post: scooter99
7/17/11, 4:11 PM   #57
TQ29m

Wish I could help you, Jeff, I've tried to find out if there is even a race track there, but no one seems to know, I think it's a Terry Eglan venture, so if there's anything there to work with, it might be OK. Kyle left yesterday for Dallas, driving, so we'll probably miss both of them this week, and I got chastised on here last week for being honest about something, so I may not be real welcome!Bob!

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

Hey Chuck, how come me and you don't have a thanks button on our posts, so I'll just say thanks for your comment, anyway. Bob

7/17/11, 4:16 PM   #58
DAD

We all injoy racing in whatever form it may take. You guys have reached an impass, your drive train is holding you back from running newer engines. I have been sitting back reading and thinking. Got a great idea all I need now is an Al Davis to make it work . Put a 2005 and up 1000 cc motor in one of those little short things and you would have one out of control rocket ship.

---------- Post added at 04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

It's not the weather there's a full moon.

7/17/11, 4:19 PM   #59
TQ29m

Quote:
We all injoy racing in whatever form it may take. You guys have reached an impass, your drive train is holding you back from running newer engines. I have been sitting back reading and thinking. Got a great idea all I need now is an Al Davis to make it work . Put a 2005 and up 1000 cc motor in one of those little short things and you would have one out of control rocket ship.
No, it isn't, it's the folks that don't understand, or keep lingering with Honda, the newer engine are not a problem to chg into, just like putting on your pants everyday, if you were just starting it'd be really cheaper, the QC doesn't cost much more than a 2" mini axle, apples to apples. If you're worried about size, Acro has made a small QC for years. Newman/Stewart 1-2, gotta love that!!!!!Bob:2:
Last edited by TQ29m; 7/17/11 at 4:21 PM.

7/17/11, 4:22 PM   #60
24midgets

Hey Bob why are u so against running off transmission. They guys in Florida r running off transmission and Guy said he changes oil and spark plugs and they ran for three years now. U say ur motor is so cheep u still have to cut transmission off adapt for pump system and that cost money also. So ur 400 dollar motor cost like 2000 by the time ur done. So I think that if u were aloud to run off transmission it could bring in more people in to tqs. If u blow up a motor on Saturday u can get another one buy Tuesday for same amount u claim ur motor cost. I think some people don't like change. I think what happened to Carl was wrong he did get an ok from an official that had open mind to change. And the BS that he might cause a wreck and take someone out of points chase. Some said they would not come back if they allow that to happen. So the ones that disliked this a year later has only ran one race this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Umra/mtqrl