IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Advice for eldora speedway
4/11/11, 4:29 PM   #51
Re: Advice for eldora speedway
duel

This date in the spring was the outlaw's 2 day date for years. there has been a problem seeing 2 days of racing this early. that said the last 2 years seems as if the weather has been pretty good except for last friday. i was happy they tried to get it in friday and thought for sure Saturday was a go. It would have been a big money loser maybe if they had run Saturday with paying friday's purse also. Should this 2 day show be moved to the end of April or early May with a single day date this early? I consider usac sprints at Eldora when ever they run one of the greatest events i go to all year. I would like to see one or two dates in the summer on a weekend with a properly prepared surface. It would a real shame to lose usac at the BIG E. I'm sure Tony would just as soom not have these problems who ever is to fault.

3 members like this post: cowboyhar69, jjracer636, mowerman
4/11/11, 5:11 PM   #52
SUPERDUKE
Banned

What advertising the was nothing in dayton lima sidney indy ft.wayne area! They do very little! Thats a lot of the problem! You seem to know everything at eldora please tell me how much they spent and where did they spend it!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/11/11, 6:12 PM   #53
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Why don't you tell us Duke , you seem to know everything .

4/11/11, 6:48 PM   #54
tsmith76

Did you drive to all of those areas and personally check that out Duke? I have no idea how much advertising they placed and dont really care - that wasn't the point of my earlier post. But since you brought it up, I can tell you for a fact they had to place at least some because I heard the radio commercials last week on T102 (Lima) at work and again on 96.1 over in Richmond one night. I remember it because it was a kinda funny commercial at the beginning.

I've seen those little black and white ads in the wapak paper all the time too, not to mention what used to be speed sport every week
(I realize you probably wouldn't read a paper unless someone gave you a copy for free, so you'll just have to take my word on that part though).

4 members like this post: Hubie, jjracer636, Kansasdirtfan, mowerman
4/11/11, 7:14 PM   #55
REH24

It amazes me to the number of people that get on this and other web sites and do nothing but complain about track condtions etc. and have all the answers on how to cure the problems. If your ideas are so good why are you trying to impress the people with your knowledge on these web sites? Instead maybe you should send your resume with your ideas to the track's management and who knows you might become the track preper yourself or better yet why don't try promoting weekly shows, just think all the money you will be making each week because of your knowledge on promoting and track preparations.

REH

2 members like this post: JCC, jjracer636
4/11/11, 7:15 PM   #56
BIGEBUDMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
Why don't you tell us Duke , you seem to know everything .
Now thats Funny!

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, speed bump
4/11/11, 11:45 PM   #57
Need For Speed

My advice is to make the place 'Eldora Speedway' again.

As soon as Tony Stewart took over, he has made damn sure that everybody knows he owns the joint.

'Tony Stewart's Eldora Speedway' is on the programs, the ads in the papers, and is announced in the radio spots.

Tony always has a speaking part in the radio spots...albeit a generic 1 liner or two.

Billboards, scoreboard, jumbotron, suites...jeez, it ain't a fricken NASCAR track! He claimed he didn't want to change the feel of Eldora, welp, you failed there Smoke!

Earl didn't call it Earl Baltes' Eldora Speedway, he wasn't in the radio ads..... Of course if you knew anything, you knew Earl owned it, he was hands on.

Tony wants to be the big shot and the center of attention, but when everything goes to sh)t, he wants to blame somebody/something else....the weather, USAC, etc.

I think it was 3 years ago or so, the Sat. night program of the 4 Crown was dusty as all hell. They pissed around before the heat races for a couple of hours watering, etc, and even had Tony in a tractor pulling some kind of tiller contraption. Then Stewart goes into the press box for his abligatory interview, and says that he want's everything to be perfect for the fans. By the time the 2nd midget heat was running, the dust was rolling again. When the 1st sprint heat was running you couldn't see the grandstand from turn 4...none of the grandstand at all, nor could you see the cars. You could hear the cars going by, but if you would have been deaf, you would have had no idea you were even at a race track...because you were essentially blind also!!

Their track reshaping/changing of the banking sucks. The new 'clay' sucks. The mixing wood fiber into the 'clay' idea sucked. (remember the dust bowl) The USAC motocross race sucked........

Didn't TS get into a bit of a riff with a track promoter in Australia regarding track conditions?... The race track he want's everybody to know he owns has had consecutive YEARS of poor track conditions, but hey, they are trying, and what more could a paying customer ask for?

6 members like this post: duel, GregD, Hubie, jim goerge, RichH, SUPERDUKE
4/12/11, 1:23 AM   #58
gtownplowboy

Just my opinion on this whole deal. Suprised Tony came on here at all, no win situation for him. I have been going to Eldora since 1973 and thru the years there were good track conditions and there were bad ones. That being said there has just been a string of bad ones in the past three years. Starting with that 4 crown from 3 years ago there just has not been a non wing show that has had good track conditions. From a business standpoint you have to realize something isn't right with the surface, you can't just miss the track prep that many times in a row. There has to be someone responsible, the buck has to stop somewhere. If the knowledge to prep the track isn't there, stop the bleeding and get some help. That way we can all get back to looking forward to making the trips to Eldora the special trips they used to be. As my man Tony Funk said change something and put 3 good ones in a row on and the fans will come back.

4 members like this post: jim goerge, Need For Speed, RichH, SUPERDUKE
4/12/11, 8:14 AM   #59
sprinter

[QUOTE=REH24;221342]It amazes me to the number of people that get on this and other web sites and do nothing but complain about track condtions etc. and have all the answers on how to cure the problems. If your ideas are so good why are you trying to impress the people with your knowledge on these web sites? Instead maybe you should send your resume with your ideas to the track's management and who knows you might become the track preper yourself or better yet why don't try promoting weekly shows, just think all the money you will be making each week because of your knowledge on promoting and track preparations.

REH[/QUOTE

I think that is exactly what a lot of folks on here are saying, that if we did send in our resume that it wouldn't matter. Because they do not feel that there is a problem.

You can't fix it until you admit it's broke.

4 members like this post: GregD, jim goerge, Need For Speed, SUPERDUKE
4/12/11, 8:37 AM   #60
SUPERDUKE
Banned

I know a lot more then you will know ever about racing! And how to take care of dirt tracks! Tell me was the any ad's in the dayton paper or any tv any where? No is the answer!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Advice for eldora speedway