IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Interesting night at DuQuoin
9/10/10, 1:08 PM   #51
Re: Interesting night at DuQuoin
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69 View Post
Don't hold me to this but I thought I remember them cutting the car down to sprint car size for the Mopar Million at Eldora? Anyone verify that or did I just dream that?

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy
Yeah, I think you're right. I forgot about that.

9/10/10, 1:43 PM   #52
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpfldMile View Post
I think you are right. It was quite a ride he took too. It looked like one of his wheels came off and he just dug in. It didn't go so well after that.
That was a really bad tumble. I remember Rich walking back to the pit area looking very PO'd, and for good reason. I believe the fair still held the tractor pulls on the frontstretch of the Mile on Thursday and Friday in those days. Those things tore the crap out of the track from the pit entrance to the pit exit. The Silver Crown cars danced through that part of the track all day long. I'm surprised that there weren't more incidents as a result.

9/10/10, 2:46 PM   #53
billwill7

Jim childers was doing the anouncing. Her is the regular anouncer for the powri midget series and does an excellent job with that series.

9/10/10, 5:24 PM   #54
ThePurple73

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwill7 View Post
Jim childers was doing the anouncing. Her is the regular anouncer for the powri midget series and does an excellent job with that series.

He did a great job. I have surely heard him before. It was a pleasure to hear some one give clear and concise driver info and number in such a professional manner. To me it makes the event seem more professional and as a fan more informed. He sounded very knowledgeable. He also made it exciting when needed.

It was so refreshing not to hear someone "yell" all night.

He should give seminars! Good Job!

9/10/10, 9:04 PM   #55
msprint22

I've seen every Silver Crown race with the exception of 1 since 1975. I have really enjoyed the night racing for the last 7 years. I was a little disappointed this year in the track prep, not to mention the Infield. DuQuoin is one of the most beautiful tracks in the country, let alone TRADITION. Kept waiting for "the moisture" to come up so the cars could run the cushion. They need to get the track back to were it was. Cars running the cushion! If I would want to watch an asphalt race, I,d stay home and watch NASCAR. DuQuoin Silver Crowns is my favorite of the year, especially since it has moved to Sunday night. Hopefully Mr Sargent will hear the fans and get the track back to were it needs to be. But in the same sentence, thank you to Mr Sargent to keep USAC coming back to the Dirt Miles.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Interesting night at DuQuoin