IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > that updates
9/12/09, 11:33 PM   #51
Re: that updates
terrehautian

That had to be the most WTH just happened race fro the last 5 laps I have ever seen in my short time watching races. What was the deal with LEvi. Caution came out, he stays behind pace truck. Right rear goes down, he passes pace truck. Instead of going to pits, he continues to go around with a flat tire. Then goes back into position, and when it goes green he looses spots before shredding it to nothing but rim.

At this point I was really happy for Coons Jr. as he took the white flag. Then as the checkered came out, he was no where to be seen.

Talk about a what just happened race.

1 member likes this post: AustinSprinter
9/12/09, 11:43 PM   #52
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Not saying anything on anybody but Levi was ticking a half second a lap on everybody in the field tonight. If not for the yellows, Who knows?

It was 955 when the transponders started ending the first lap.

9/13/09, 12:00 AM   #53
burris7555

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Not saying anything on anybody but Levi was ticking a half second a lap on everybody in the field tonight. If not for the yellows, Who knows?

It was 955 when the transponders started ending the first lap.
What does it matter how much faster he was than the rest of the field? He had a flat tire, and passed the pace car. He was a danger to the other drivers and I have never seen a track/officials let a driver continue with a flat. He should have been black flagged.
Posted via Mobile Device

9/13/09, 12:18 AM   #54
terrehautian

Quote:
Originally Posted by burris7555 View Post
What does it matter how much faster he was than the rest of the field? He had a flat tire, and passed the pace car. He was a danger to the other drivers and I have never seen a track/officials let a driver continue with a flat. He should have been black flagged.
Posted via Mobile Device
I do like LEvi as a driver, but also agree that if he had done this in any racing scene (like NASCAR), he would have been. Why he wasn't....who knows.

9/13/09, 12:28 AM   #55
Sprint63122

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrehautian View Post
I do like LEvi as a driver, but also agree that if he had done this in any racing scene (like NASCAR), he would have been. Why he wasn't....who knows.
Maybe usac was trying to make a impression on how they will take care of you when you cave in to them on being one of the chosen eight.So it looks like this was another four and a half hour race program at terre haute under the mighty usac sanction with only 32 cars signed in that is just total bullchit.

1 member likes this post: JEFFSTOY
9/13/09, 12:28 AM   #56
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by burris7555 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Absolutely, 100% agree. That was a very dangerous situation and USAC was irresponsible to allow him to stay out.

9/13/09, 12:32 AM   #57
triplexxx

wow it is hard to find who in charge at usac.All they want to do is pass the buck.McCord,Carey,Miller,Smith none have any b... I want to know how Levi got to start out front on the last restart.Passing the pace truck has to be wrong. they willut I khow for sure u can;t pace never ket they where wrong tomight.Bill Carey talks about a no fuel rule.but there is a ru for passing the pace truck.

2 members like this post: AustinSprinter, JEFFSTOY
9/13/09, 12:51 AM   #58
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Levi's a baby should have been black flaged that was dangerous and he did pass the pace truck by the way.....GREAT JOB STANBROUGH ON A HELL OF A WIN

2 members like this post: JEFFSTOY, wildman92
9/13/09, 12:55 AM   #59
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Yet there were several cautions and a couple of them were very lengthy
I counted 7 laps under caution on last front straightaway caution. THAT needs some wreckers that have a clue of what to do in a caution. Helfrich's bunch would have had that car on the hook and off the track in two laps...............

9/13/09, 12:57 AM   #60
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

That was the worst tow truck guy i've ever seen.............Great win JON

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > that updates