IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daytona 500
2/16/09, 4:13 PM   #51
Re: Daytona 500
Joe Kidd

Just another racing incident. If your going to block at the last second. Chances are you will end up out of the race. Which is what happened.

2/16/09, 4:26 PM   #52
kylecumminsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Kidd View Post
Just another racing incident. If your going to block at the last second. Chances are you will end up out of the race. Which is what happened.
:applaud: agreed

2/16/09, 4:33 PM   #53
SHORTBUS

Race Count This Year: 35
Race Count Last Year: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Kidd View Post
TAKE OUT THE MIRRORS :Steer

2/16/09, 4:47 PM   #54
Jim Halpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbr View Post

We need to somehow lobby for an "Open Wheel Channel" nothing but OW racing. F1, Indy, USAC, ASCA, WOO and go karts programming 24-7. That would sure make winter pass a bit easier here in Indiana.:checkered:
That's the best darn idea I have heard all day.:thumb

2/16/09, 4:52 PM   #55
onthegas7j

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 31

quit whinin yall sound like a bunch of johnson fans lol... at least you got to watch the race, i was stuck aboard the USS Bataan doin a work up for my deployment

2/16/09, 5:05 PM   #56
Gregg

Anyone notice Bobby Labonte started out all right in the #96. But then I guess the Yates people let the HOF Racing people work on the car.:O:

2/16/09, 5:31 PM   #57
Rpracing1

Best thing about Daytona, and I am not sure if it was during the race or if it was pre-race coverage, but it was the awesome super-slow motion camera action of a lug nut being removed during a pit stop. Super clear awesome action camera work.

2/16/09, 6:14 PM   #58
okienonwingfan

Remember the ASCS will be on tape delay this year on Speed.

2/16/09, 6:25 PM   #59
wbr

I ran across this earlier today. It may be helpful in finding some proper viewing for all of us racing junkies.

http://www.tvracer.com/

2/16/09, 9:52 PM   #60
micro94

Well just my 2 cents.Not that it matters but I do agree Jr took him out.But I do agree with what Jr said as far as he had a run on him and went to the inside.Vickers tried to block and for what reason no one will know except Vickers.Jr was a lap down still and wasnt passing for position.On the other hand Jr just plain turned him and that was wrong.But I guess if your Jr do you let off and get passed by the group of 15 cars that was directly behind him or make the decision to do what he did?I personally think lifting may have been a good idea.But if me,Vickers would have been asked why he made the move he did also.Jr is to blame for the wreck.Vickers is to blame to think at the last moment he was going to try and run him to the yellow line.Game over,just my opinion which counts to nobody but me.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Daytona 500