IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
SoIllSprinter (Offline)
  #51 12/20/21 4:35 PM
1st heat 5 pm. It was a 6+ hour slog.
thunder31 (Offline)
  #52 12/20/21 4:51 PM
I was there and thought the racing was pretty good all night. They did stretch the show out way too late and the support races definitely slowed things down. Too much track prep and this is coming from someone used to watching the tractor show at Tri-State Speedway which is worth the wait most of the time. I hope it doesn't kill midget racing in DuQuion but I'm hoping everyone calms down realizes its great to see any racing in the winter when we get the chance.
4 Likes: mc/rider, racenut69, tirespinner, trackprep
toledo47 (Offline)
  #53 12/20/21 5:24 PM
Originally Posted by thunder31:
I was there and thought the racing was pretty good all night. They did stretch the show out way too late and the support races definitely slowed things down. Too much track prep and this is coming from someone used to watching the tractor show at Tri-State Speedway which is worth the wait most of the time. I hope it doesn't kill midget racing in DuQuion but I'm hoping everyone calms down realizes its great to see any racing in the winter when we get the chance.
Nothing wrong with some criticism, so that they can possibly improve the show for next time.
I made an 8+ hour 1 way drive and I would again, though I may hesitate if they have that many support races again unless they post an order of the events before the weekend... I don’t enjoy sitting in the fumes that long just watching constant yellow flag laps...
They had less doors open this time than when I went before as well... I recall the doors by turn 3 being open during the powri show I went to. Would’ve been nice to have a bit better air in there.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, thunder31, tirespinner