IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Week / Gas City ?
5/28/18, 12:37 AM   #51
Re: Sprint Week / Gas City ?
Stevensville Mike

Well? Any updates on the first round of ISW?

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
5/28/18, 8:32 AM   #52
leftrear

It is still a big secret. This has to be the WORST rollout of an event EVER !

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
5/28/18, 9:36 AM   #53
WinglessLovers

Race Count This Year: 34
Race Count Last Year: 85

Well, I took a look at the USAC t-shirts at Terre Haute and it says IMS at the dirt track. So I guess the cat is out of the bag.

Bruce Eckel

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
5/28/18, 9:50 AM   #54
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinglessLovers View Post
Well, I took a look at the USAC t-shirts at Terre Haute and it says IMS at the dirt track. So I guess the cat is out of the bag.

Bruce Eckel
Thanks, Bruce. Now my question is, who is bankrolling this? It CAN'T be USAC. It has to be the Speedway. It is an interesting get-together, though.

IndyCars are off that night, too. Maybe Will Power will show up and try to do the "double" this year?

1 member likes this post: chrismattlin
5/28/18, 11:13 AM   #55
brsteg

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:

Bruce Eckel
That it does. Be interesting when details come out.

5/28/18, 11:30 AM   #56
racer-x

IndyCars are off that night, too. Maybe Will Power will show up and try to do the "double" this year? [/QUOTE]

Or maybe the girl that retired in the green car will show up to race and they can call it “the triple”

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
5/28/18, 11:58 AM   #57
MIKE69

If they are talking about running on that little flat track they threw together and Stewart ran some laps on in a midget, that would not be good. It did not look wide enough for a midget race. I believe Gas City should have gotten that date at least this year. Last year was a rain date on Monday and I'm sure people had made other plans. The new promoter is busting his butt giving us a great race track this year.

5/28/18, 12:09 PM   #58
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

The good, A track nobody's been on.

The bad, without a lot of laps on it, it won't be packed in and probably will be one groove.

Also, Do they have Temp stands for 10k people?

5/28/18, 12:30 PM   #59
Nate

I’ve heard about this for awhile just wasn’t sure all that I was hearing was true. That said, I love the idea of a new track and the novelty of racing at IMS is fantastic and could draw new fans.

That said, wouldn’t it be better to have a one off show there and see how the track performs before we go about inserting it into biggest week of non-wing sprint car racing in the world?

Gas City has proven it can host a ISW event and although I have yet to visit there this year, I’ve heard nothing but good from fans and drivers alike regarding improved facilities and the surface this year. Just seems like a gamble to replace it with a temporary track nobody has seen or put 40+ sprint cars on to see how it holds up.

Either way, I’ll support the round just like I do every other race of ISW. Just my thoughts on the matter.

5/28/18, 1:23 PM   #60
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:

Bruce Eckel
Would be cool if they just built a permeant 1/4 mile dirt track inside turn 3 and just hold special events there. Will be interesting to see what class or classes will be the support divisions..

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint Week / Gas City ?