IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Morin Racing 98 (Offline)
  #51 5/16/14 10:52 AM
We love LPS, and normally like dry slick conditions due to our lack of horsepower compared to some cars...but my only question to the drivers (since we haven't been there for 2 weeks)...how is the new Right Rear holding up on the Sprint Cars? I noticed on the video Brady leaving a ton of rubber in turn 1 while doing the sliders....how did the tire hold up? Will it take more than 1 race with those track conditions? Since this tire is our ONLY option at most tracks after June 2nd, this might cause some issues for us smaller teams who don't buy new tires every week.
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #52 5/16/14 1:23 PM
Originally Posted by Morin Racing 98:
We love LPS, and normally like dry slick conditions due to our lack of horsepower compared to some cars...but my only question to the drivers (since we haven't been there for 2 weeks)...how is the new Right Rear holding up on the Sprint Cars? I noticed on the video Brady leaving a ton of rubber in turn 1 while doing the sliders....how did the tire hold up? Will it take more than 1 race with those track conditions? Since this tire is our ONLY option at most tracks after June 2nd, this might cause some issues for us smaller teams who don't buy new tires every week.
That is a legitimate concern and one I think is worthy of real discussion.

I wish more people approached a particular concern/complaint the way you just did.

5 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, K9Racer, mowerman, Pat O'Connor Fan
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #53 5/16/14 1:26 PM
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner:
That is a legitimate concern and one I think is worthy of real discussion.

I wish more people approached a particular concern/complaint the way you just did.
WHAT??????????? And miss out on all of the drama.

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
3 Likes: jim goerge, Pat O'Connor Fan, Ty
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #54 5/16/14 1:31 PM
I have plenty of drama in my own life... I don't need it from other people.

7 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, mayor31, mowerman, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan, racefan20
brian2h (Offline)
  #55 5/16/14 2:58 PM
it doesnt matter what tire u got on when the track takes rubber its gonna grind it of. r front tire r rear and left rear tire thats about 600 bucks (less tire treatment fluid ) u would have to of run 2cd. just to pay tire bill. glad i was in the stands.
Morin Racing 98 (Offline)
  #56 5/16/14 3:34 PM
Thanks Bill...I just wish they were right rear tire options, just like almost every other series...have a soft tire, medium, and/or a harder compound for use. If we would have been running 2 weeks ago at LPS, I am sure we would have put on the hardest right rear tire we have available. The only problem is,,,after June 2nd, we won't have that option. I have one of the new tires and it is considerably narrower than the HT2. With it not being as wide, the weight should be more concentrated on the tire patch, which is gonna cause more heat and more wear, hence a higher tire bill even when track conditions are average/good. I really think the Indiana promoters should either try to help us teams out on track prep to keep the track from grinding tires too early in the night or allow teams to use a harder compound option so the tires will last a little longer.

Good racing can happen on any track dry or wet, and I think it is obvious LPS has had some fantastic racing this year under a variety of track conditions.
sp6967 (Offline)
  #57 5/16/14 4:04 PM
i am glad that the track promotors only give us one tire choice, more then one some might get confused.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan
reeserx (Offline)
  #58 5/16/14 4:11 PM
Originally Posted by MOORESVILLETRUCKER:
Don't you mean track prep school @ Haubstadt?
Nope he was right the first time
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #59 5/16/14 4:18 PM
The whole my track is better than your track crap is just plain nonsense. Grow up people!

7 Likes: FishBurger, jim goerge, Kellen Conover, mc/rider, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, rclaridge
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #60 5/16/14 4:19 PM
I ran the Medium for the first time at Lawrenceburg in the feature 2 weeks ago and like the tire so far. It takes off and works after a couple of laps and keeps on going with minimal wear. I wouldn't want anything harder, but wish we could run an MC3 as an option for next year.
Closed Thread