IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
leroy b (Offline)
  #51 3/25/14 10:33 AM
this has been a on going thing, we all know there not the best but today we need to be thankful we have a place to put are butts on and watch some of the best racing in the midwest! see you back in the pits again this year
7 Likes: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, cwfan08, mowerman, PJ Wright, robert gatten, sc17x
versailles (Offline)
  #52 3/25/14 11:02 AM
Have been going to GC for years. ALWAYS see reserved seats unused. Now I only go to USAC/KISS shows and leave angry every time. Many of my friends avoid the track. Seats should only be reserved the day of the race. Easy for Jiggs to clear the seats the day before the races.
3 Likes: captrat, spicoli, tim brown
cjaxx1987 (Offline)
  #53 3/25/14 1:00 PM
This whole thread is RIDICULOUS. I dont care if I sit or stand as long as I get to watch im happy. If you want to complain about seats just sit at home in your Lay-Z-Boy and watch some napcar!
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, cwfan08, dickster, monkeyboy, mowerman, Onlydirt, PIT CART, PJ Wright, wright59
itsanonwingthing (Offline)
  #54 3/25/14 1:11 PM
Originally Posted by dkdorkboy:
Why would the city not allow the track to build new bleachers?Thanks
I would think that building new bleachers would be quite expensive, but I think there is a way to improve the existing bleachers at much less cost, although I don't know that any Promoter has money laying around for Bleacher improvements. I've actually seen someone at Gas City who made his own "elevated Seat", but of course the person behind would not be happy about having his view obstructed, so in reality all of the seating planks need to be spaced up and raised. Here is a rough sketch of what would work using either wooden or metal spacer blocks, and elevating the existing seating planks, or adding new boards on top of the spacers.

Keith Wendel
It's a Non Wing thing,.......you wouldn't understand!
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, erich45
Mud Packer (Offline)
  #55 3/25/14 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by itsanonwingthing:
I would think that building new bleachers would be quite expensive, but I think there is a way to improve the existing bleachers at much less cost, although I don't know that any Promoter has money laying around for Bleacher improvements. I've actually seen someone at Gas City who made his own "elevated Seat", but of course the person behind would not be happy about having his view obstructed, so in reality all of the seating planks need to be spaced up and raised. Here is a rough sketch of what would work using either wooden or metal spacer blocks, and elevating the existing seating planks, or adding new boards on top of the spacers.

Damn Keith, quite the engineer. Do you sell your services?

Mike

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante
Dyno Don (Offline)
  #56 3/26/14 6:51 AM
What I do not understand, that many years ago they added new bleachers on the east side. But the made them just like old bleachers. That did not make sense.
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #57 3/26/14 6:44 PM
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
They would not grant them a building permit. I am not sure why. They told them they could only extend seats as part of the same grandstand. That is when they added another section towards turn1. I do know that a couple of years ago I was working a booth at our county fair and met a couple of people from Gas City. I told them I was there almost every Friday. I figured they would welcome a visitor. Their response was " I hope you don't go to that racetrack. They need to shut it down and level it." I could not believe it as I know the track contributes a lot to the local economy. They also run a timely program and get over early.
How could people that live in Gas City not like the track? They should live where i do. If i had a left nut i would give it up to be sitting at Gas City every Friday.
5 Likes: BrentTFunk, cjaxx1987, dirt330, duel, mowerman
mowerman (Offline)
  #58 3/26/14 7:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Watson:
How could people that live in Gas City not like the track? They should live where i do. If i had a left nut i would give it up to be sitting at Gas City every Friday.
All the people ******** ought go to California for a year , 8.00 to park (not camp) 20.00 for a regular show, 9.00 for a draft beer . 7.50 for a hot dog . 9.00 dollar hamburger . Oh yea it's really bad at Gas City .
19 Likes: addictedtodirt, Andrew S. Quinn, awon24, BrentTFunk, cgmotorsports12, cowboyhar69, dickster, duel, I Miss Manzy, Koonzee, NEMA88, Onlydirt, PIT CART, PJ Wright, rachasin, rataz, robert gatten, sc17x, Tim Watson
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #59 3/26/14 11:38 PM
"California Dreamin'" has turned into "California Nightmare" in many ways over the years. Smoking pot on the street is probably no big deal but if you fire up a cigarette on a beach a drone will take you out one day.
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, I Miss Manzy, mowerman
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #60 3/27/14 6:10 PM
Originally Posted by Tim Watson:
The people I talked to would never lower themselves to go there. Probably built a house down the road, and feel somehow they are the victim.