IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
bigmojo5
  #51 12/11/09 8:07 PM
Originally Posted by wbr:
Gentlemen, I was told by a USAC oldtimer that their bylaws mandated the schedule be done by November 15th. I have no way to know if that is true or not and really don't care.

My problem is a selfish one. We cannot compete with all the big money teams without help from some great sponsors each season. We had the opportunity to land another major sponsor this season and all they wanted was a concrete schedule of our races to move forward. They normally spend that money in the 3rd quarter for the next year, but we were able to get a time extension to Dec. 1st. Well so much for that. Don't misread me either- I am a big supporter of USAC.

Just playing devils advocate here: Why can't USAC publish a schedule before the season is over? I would think some tracks would be willing to sign 2 or 3 year contracts. Do you think a track that wants a USAC race would wish to lock down that date for a few years?:38:
Unfortunately, some promoters drag it out until the last minute. Isn't there a lot more TBAs on this schedule than normal? It isn't always USAC's problem.

WBR, I very much feel your pain. Many companies set their annual budgets in that third quarter you mentioned. The biggest trick to selling anything is figuring who has money and when they have it available. As a general manager of a car lot once told me, it doesn't do me any good to find a great deal for a potential customer the day after he bought from someone else at $1,000 more.
Jim Morrison

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Originally Posted by BrentTFunk:
the tracks have to want them.
Hasn't Illinois pretty much become strong POWRi country? I don't know that it was ever that strong of a USAC area.
Jim Morrison
Dustin Proffitt (Offline)
  #52 12/11/09 8:24 PM
2 sprint shows at Kokomo!!!! Awsome.
bigmojo5
  #53 12/11/09 8:25 PM
Originally Posted by dirtywhiteboy:
You are so right. POWRi never has a good turnout at Jacksonville or Spoonriver Speedway. They never have good crowds at Macon either. WTH was I thinking?
When you say turnout, do you mean cars or fans, or both?

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

USAC Midget 2-Jul Toledo, OH Toledo Speedway 1/2 P Night
USAC Sprint 2-Jul Toledo, OH Toledo Speedway 1/2 P Night

Is it possible this is a triple crown in the making? Gold Crown Championship exhibition race, plus USAC midgets and sprints. Bruce Ashmore told me they will have a race on a half mile and the old USAC New Gen Silver Crown tested there for Hemelgarn. If so, it would likely not be a USAC sanction for the Gold Crown.
Jim Morrison
USAC Fan
  #54 12/11/09 9:50 PM
Originally Posted by 6565:
I won't buy a head & neck restraint just to run a USAC show, but I'd definitely be there.
Will you buy one to save your life?
ASPHALT24 (Offline)
  #55 12/13/09 12:59 AM
Has winchester lost the rich vogler classic? It would appear so. Wonder what happened there? Anybody know?
SprintExaminer (Offline)
  #56 12/13/09 1:39 AM
If anyone is interested in seeing a Google calendar for the 2010 sprint car and midget season, I've created a public one. Check it out and tell me if it looks OK - I've never shared a calendar before, so it's all guesswork here.

As much as the muckracking journalist in me wants to find ways to slam this schedule (sarcasm), I think it's pretty solid. I like the more condensed USAC Silver Crown schedule (i.e. three shows each in July and August versus two each last year.)
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, rz1, wbr
racefan20 (Offline)
  #57 12/13/09 3:33 AM
Originally Posted by ASPHALT24:
Has winchester lost the rich vogler classic? It would appear so. Wonder what happened there? Anybody know?
Nope there will still be a Rich Vogler Classic at Winchester.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #58 12/13/09 10:21 AM
Looks like i could be making about 4 trips to the Hoosier state this summer!
jerrydt (Offline)
  #59 12/13/09 1:09 PM
How do you access it ?

---------- Post added at 09:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 AM ----------

Originally Posted by SprintExaminer:
If anyone is interested in seeing a Google calendar for the 2010 sprint car and midget season, I've created a public one. Check it out and tell me if it looks OK - I've never shared a calendar before, so it's all guesswork here.

As much as the muckracking journalist in me wants to find ways to slam this schedule (sarcasm), I think it's pretty solid. I like the more condensed USAC Silver Crown schedule (i.e. three shows each in July and August versus two each last year.)
How do you access it?
Pine (Offline)
  #60 12/13/09 4:25 PM
Originally Posted by slick38:
Looks like I will be out to Indiana for a three day trip come April, Back out for the second half of Sprint week and then again for some of Midget week.

Plus USAC at Lincoln in Penna. SWEET
Yea Slick, with that schedule we might see 20-25 USAC shows next year........I like it...