IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
Midget82
  #51 10/5/08 2:42 AM
Originally Posted by D.O.:
How did the midgets of old make 100 laps without a fuel red?????
It musta been magic...:rolleyes:
JEFFSTOY (Offline)
  #52 10/5/08 4:32 AM
You are right and that is what cost mr cottle the race. Great race shane. You had it in the bag if not 4 yellows. You deserve a national ride. Imho
terrehautian (Offline)
  #53 10/5/08 7:13 AM
I liked watching the Modifieds race, but would have been better up higher than on the same level as them. It was neat watching them bump and rub for position.

But, they destroyed the track. Before the Midgets they had to bring out the grader in turn 1 to make it better. It worked, but one of those repairs lasted a long time.

I ended up leaving at 11pm because I was getting tired (had been at the track since 8am after going to bed at 1am.. For the few laps I seen of the Midgets they were fun to watch.

As for the race to recover, there was a notice on the ticket office saying that due scheduling conflicts, it will be ran in 2009.
cecil98 (Offline)
  #54 10/5/08 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn:
Track Maintenance is almost finished, hot laps are about to restart in about ten minutes. And remember this is a Midget AND Modified show, all drivers are of the utmost importance
HUH????? What brought this on? :confused:
31bro (Offline)
  #55 10/5/08 10:03 AM
Originally Posted by terrehautian:
I liked watching the Modifieds race, but would have been better up higher than on the same level as them. It was neat watching them bump and rub for position.

But, they destroyed the track. Before the Midgets they had to bring out the grader in turn 1 to make it better. It worked, but one of those repairs lasted a long time.

I ended up leaving at 11pm because I was getting tired (had been at the track since 8am after going to bed at 1am.. For the few laps I seen of the Midgets they were fun to watch.

As for the race to recover, there was a notice on the ticket office saying that due scheduling conflicts, it will be ran in 2009.

The track was junk before the mods even got on the track. Track prep was horrible.
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #56 10/5/08 11:43 AM
Ah yes, when something goes wrong, blame the Modifieds. Typical I guess.
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #57 10/5/08 12:13 PM
Ah yes, when something goes wrong, blame the Modifieds. Typical I guess.
HEY CHRIS WHO WON THE IRL MODIFIED RACE?:doh:
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #58 10/5/08 12:14 PM
Postponed until next year due to IRL Drivers scheduling conflicts with the American LeMans Series
SUPERDUKE (Offline)
  #59 10/5/08 12:18 PM
Postponed until next year due to IRL Drivers scheduling conflicts with the American LeMans Series
REALLY! THAT! NEED SOMEONE TO DO THINGS RITE! :kookoo:doh:
bigmojo5
  #60 10/5/08 12:19 PM
Am I reading this right, the much-advertised celebrity race did not happen and has been rescheduled for 2009?
And, the scoring shows no times for four drivers in the USAC 100-lapper. Did they not start?
Jim Morrison
Closed Thread