IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Should blankets to mark seats be allowed days before the show?
Yes 54 23.08%
No 166 70.94%
special circumstances only 14 5.98%
Voters: 234. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events
9/3/09, 11:04 PM   #51
Re: Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny burton View Post

i sit with marv every chance i gets and then i get all his female rejects.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

9/4/09, 1:20 AM   #52
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
I beat you by 4 hours, big boy. 32 this week. 24 next week. Vacation the following week. And the beat goes on.

I sit with Marv every chance I gets and then I get all his female rejects.
^ reason post office is bankrupt.................... Just kiddin Danny

1 member likes this post: SprintManDave
9/4/09, 1:47 AM   #53
Gregg

Be careful what you guys wish for. Section A at Lawrenceburg is marked off early in the day for several reasons. Consessions close by, eye candy, keeping the riff raff in one general location and at our age close proximity to the bathroom. You do not want us to be in section G in case we have "a going problem."

9/4/09, 3:26 AM   #54
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Well I can see this was a topic that most people have something to say about. I do like the aforementioned reserved seating as I would pay an extra couple of bucks to get a good seat. Gas city is the worse when you show up 3 hours early and there is no place to sit up top because everything is marked off is just plain crazy. First come first serve is the way it should be or charge extra. I have no problem if you got to the track before me and put your blanket down as long as it is after the gates have opened. My shortest drive to a track (LPS) is 1 hour with the average being 1 1/2 hours or 2 to the burg. I'm not going to make a special trip the day before to get my seats taped off so I have a decent seat at the track. Instead I leave and try to be their well before hotlaps so I get a decent seat. Never had problem at the burg as they have plenty of sitting or LPS and Kokomo, but bloomington and gas city is a different story.

9/4/09, 5:08 AM   #55
I Miss Manzy

Manzanita's policy was a good one."No blankets on bleachers until gates open",clearly posted on the main gate.That meant that someone from the "BB Bunch"(usually myself)would be there on or before the 5:00pm opening time.Our blankets would cover the two top rows(16 seats).The big shows like Western World or Copper on Dirt meant that Section BB was reserved seat,so we'd all spend the extra 3-5 bucks,but still bring the blankets! And I completely agree about those God-Awful stadium seat,backrest,lawn chair,La-Z-Boy nuisances.They should either be banned completely,or they should all be forced to sit in their own section,so they can see what it's like!
Last edited by I Miss Manzy; 9/4/09 at 5:13 AM.

9/4/09, 7:51 AM   #56
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Miss Manzy View Post
Manzanita's policy was a good one."No blankets on bleachers until gates open",clearly posted on the main gate.That meant that someone from the "BB Bunch"(usually myself)would be there on or before the 5:00pm opening time.Our blankets would cover the two top rows(16 seats).The big shows like Western World or Copper on Dirt meant that Section BB was reserved seat,so we'd all spend the extra 3-5 bucks,but still bring the blankets! And I completely agree about those God-Awful stadium seat,backrest,lawn chair,La-Z-Boy nuisances.They should either be banned completely,or they should all be forced to sit in their own section,so they can see what it's like!
When I was there in Feb. for The Copper they let us put our blanket down on the practice night for the whole weekend.
I thought that was a nice gesture.

9/4/09, 8:13 AM   #57
duel

i voted NO. i did like Manzi's policy. i thought is was funny that people lined up their blankets at the gate and returned later when they opened. When i retire or move to Indiana i will vote yes. I voted no but then voted yes?

9/4/09, 8:52 AM   #58
cmakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by duel View Post
i voted NO. i did like Manzi's policy. i thought is was funny that people lined up their blankets at the gate and returned later when they opened. When i retire or move to Indiana i will vote yes. I voted no but then voted yes?
Years ago I remember getting to the gate at San Jose before they opened. It was extremely hot, and there was no shade in front of the box office. There were lines of folded blankets in front, and plenty of folks waiting in the shade of the trees.

9/4/09, 9:51 AM   #59
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

[QUOTE=Danny Burton;132527]I beat you by 4 hours, big boy. 32 this week. 24 next week. Vacation the following week. And the beat goes on.

Mr.Burton looks like you lost by four hours to me

9/4/09, 10:31 AM   #60
ByronMack

I don't think blankets should be put down untill the gates open. As for the caution tape, I had to work the day ISW ran at Lawrenceburg, and after driving 2 hrs from Bedford got to the track just as hot laps were bwginning. the only seats that were left were the first 2-3 rows and a large section that was taped off with no one in it. Needles to say, the tape didn't stay up too long and we got a seat. Haven't been back and may not. At least at Haubstadt you can call ahead and get reserve seating. and at bloomington I can usually get the seats I want. Hopefully some track owners will look at the results of this poll.
Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Bruce Harrison
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Should there be blankets allowed to be put down before the nights events