IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > One Driver, New Team, Who you got?
9/29/08, 12:19 PM   #41
Re: One Driver, New Team, Who you got?
Go Fast

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister View Post
Rodney "The human lightening bolt" Weesner. :O:
David.
Is that due the occasional flashes of brilliance that are soon gone, or that he never hits in the same place twice? :rolling

I never had a bad day, just some more challenging than others!

9/29/08, 12:41 PM   #42
affordableawards

Dave Darland he can an has driven everything on dirt and pavement takes care of the cars and gets the job done.

9/29/08, 1:22 PM   #43
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by affordableawards View Post
Dave Darland he can an has driven everything on dirt and pavement takes care of the cars and gets the job done.
This post does a good job of expressing my opinion.

9/29/08, 2:42 PM   #44
Shawn

My veteran pick - J.J. Yeley or Dave Darland

You can look up the records that both of these drivers have established for themselves. They've ran quite a bit of dirt and pavement with a ton of success.

If you're going for just the dirt, then I'd throw Cottle and Stanbrough in the mix. They've obviously got a ton of talent and the experience to get the job done, night in, and night out.

My "long shot" young gun pick - Tate Martz

I'm one of those that always tosses his name out there, I know he's a long shot, but I believe in this kid. I wasn't sure how he would progress after moving from go-karts. However, he took an old pavement style TQ and made it competitive. After that, he went on the win Focus championships, including pavement and dirt. Toss in some USAC regional midget and UMRA TQ wins. He most recently took an old TQ and finished second in points last season. This season he was looking to do one better, but a situation beyond his control trashed his car and eliminated him from the championship hunt.

I can't let Hunter, Cole, Brady, Chad and Chris go without some sort of mention. They're all young stars in the making. You can't go wrong with any of them, in my opinion! I've really been impressed with all of these guys. They make open wheel racing a blast to watch! We sure are lucky...

9/29/08, 4:05 PM   #45
b.b.k.s.9.79

I would have to run a 2 car team. Team one would have Danny Stratton driving the dirt and Bobby Santos on the pavement. My second team would have Chad Boat on the dirt and Dave Steele on the pavement...

If i had to pick one and only one driver i would take chad boat hands down...

9/29/08, 7:55 PM   #46
Ovalmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Fast View Post
Is that due the occasional flashes of brilliance that are soon gone, or that he never hits in the same place twice? :rolling
:rolling That is some funny stuff right there! Finally, some humor injected into our board. I had to alert the "The human lightening bolt" about this thread, he thought it was funny. He's gonna have shirts made up that say that. Good stuff! :thumb
David.

9/29/08, 8:30 PM   #47
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PupFan View Post
i will agree with levi jones and JJ Yeley but jon has yet to impress me in any other car other than the foxco 53, he just isnt the same as he is when brad and steve fox are wrenching.
I guess you havent been watching racing too long, huh? He had a few killer seasons in the Paul Hazen 57 and the Truckers #10............

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
Last edited by racefan20; 9/29/08 at 8:33 PM.

9/29/08, 9:32 PM   #48
SPD 37

Brady short!

9/29/08, 9:40 PM   #49
No Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by PupFan View Post
i will agree with levi jones and JJ Yeley but jon has yet to impress me in any other car other than the foxco 53, he just isnt the same as he is when brad and steve fox are wrenching.
Not trying to start a argument as this was a fun thread, but look at the numbers he has put up. I'm sure Jon knows what the foxes boys do to the car. Not a expert but it seems he does better in a five bar car, not that he can't drive anything else, but his numbers are better in a five bar. I watched the foxco team at Brownstown when Larwrenceburg rained out and they showed up late the only thing they did when they showed up late was WIN, (took right rear off and put it back on again) they did nothing to the car for two different tracks.

give him his credit the man can drive!:respect

9/29/08, 9:45 PM   #50
dave44fan

Well I must say that I would put my money on Dave Darland. :checkered: His Knowledge on how to set a car up and drive is remarkable.... If he has a team that will listen to his wisdom..then their are sure to bring home the wins... From a owners point of view I would choose Dave because he takes care of his ride and it doesn't go to the pits on a hook :nonwingfan:

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > One Driver, New Team, Who you got?