IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC wish list for 2016
8/27/15, 12:31 AM   #41
Slider20

Mandatory Halos. How many more people is it gonna take?

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
8/27/15, 2:24 AM   #42
Re: USAC wish list for 2016
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWScaleChassis View Post
I second the World Finals wish. Would probably push it to a 4 day show, and doubt the counts would be too high given the Oval Nats on that weekend, and the Western World the following. Potential schedule re-work if it was worth it.
I could also see a big strain on teams if the national points schedule took them to Charlotte, then Perris, then Arizona (lord knows what AZ track will hold what event year after year.. different argument.) But, it is a wish!

I'd also like to see more joint shows with WoO like they did at Eldora this year, and how CRA has done at Perris in the spring. Why is it so taboo to have the absolute best in sprint car racing on the same ticket? Who loses in that deal. Obviously the WoO are gonna be the feature card, and allow them to draw the usual crowd, but use the attendance to let the USAC guys put on a show! I'm sure plenty of tracks could support it.

And finally! I'd like to see USAC send some surveyors down I-65 and 75 to scope some tracks to hit on the way to/from Florida speedweeks in Feb to maybe get some dates through Tennessee and Georgia.

I suppose you could say 'wishful thinking'...
Yea, I really like WOO/USAC idea, more bang for the buck, turns winged fans on to wingless & visa versa. I really wanted to go to PWRI/ Ironman race at Pelevey too, couldn't make it. Variety is the spice of life!

4 members like this post: Clydesdale, dkdorkboy, RACrappieman, SWScaleChassis
8/27/15, 4:23 PM   #43
SWScaleChassis

Quote:
Yea, I really like WOO/USAC idea, more bang for the buck, turns winged fans on to wingless & visa versa. I really wanted to go to PWRI/ Ironman race at Pelevey too, couldn't make it. Variety is the spice of life!
Then we could have double duty bonuses! Bacon, Bell, Clauson, Thomas, the list goes on

8/27/15, 5:30 PM   #44
DaveP63

Bring back the US Dirt Nationals.

3 members like this post: 2fast4u, Clydesdale, pushinthecushin
8/27/15, 5:44 PM   #45
Midget 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by flagboy55 View Post
I would like to see a 4 crown type event at Hartford to start the season. The 4 crown at Eldora, my favorite event of the year, is the best way to wrap up the Midwest season, why not start it with one? The silver crowns would be awesome there.
A Silver Crown race at Hartford would be awesome, if the Sprints think it is too big. In the early 60's they ran the USAC Midgets. Maybe Lane Automotive could kick in some sponsorship dollars.

Last edited by Midget 89; 8/27/15 at 5:49 PM.

2 members like this post: nathans1012, rg1
8/27/15, 6:50 PM   #46
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

Safety...safety...safety. NO MORE career or life ending accidents. I know this is just a fantasy, it's racing, it'exciting, and it's Dangerous.
For reality, the Hoosier 100 and Hut 100 back together again, with the Hut at THAT.
And Thursday Night Thunder was the best, IRP is a perfect TV race track for this. Bring OUR racing back to tv, that will grow the sport more then anything else we can do.

3 members like this post: dirt330, kart31rac, Morin Racing 98
8/28/15, 10:00 AM   #47
Stealth87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWScaleChassis View Post
Then we could have double duty bonuses! Bacon, Bell, Clauson, Thomas, the list goes on
I always thought a 410 winged series that ran both dirt and pavement would be cool/interesting. Likewise a series that ran both winged and non winged (all shows on dirt) would be fun to watch.

8/28/15, 12:58 PM   #48
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
Hey buzz kill, thanks for your insight and contribution to the discussion. Some fans just want to share what they wish they could see next year, which is usually pretty positive (a rare find among so many discussions). Not all of us know everything quite like you do, but most of us are intelligent enough to know that a lot of what we would like to see could happen if a promotor, sanctioning body, and enough fans want it to.

I'd be interested in a USAC race at Montpelier, and more late model races in northern Indiana.
Actually these threads usually turn negative, because they create unreal expectations. I doubt anyone who was in our group last night would have called me buzzkill, but I was at a race not on my keyboard. If you really want something to happen put up the money and make it happen.

3 members like this post: fish, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider
8/28/15, 8:12 PM   #49
Birdsboro

Race Count This Year: 10
Race Count Last Year: 30

I would be all for some more shows in PA.... I'm just saying...LOL.

3 members like this post: billw, davidm, stp6237
8/29/15, 10:55 AM   #50
stp6237

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 11

More shows with in 5 hours of Philadelphia, gives USAC a lot of tracks and a large population of fans to support the races. Non-wing racing is gaining a foothold in the East with the weekly success of the Kutztown deal and the action viewed with the Sprints and Midgets when they came East, people are talking about how great the racing is. I was at a Winged ESS sprint show on 8-25 and overheard several people talk about how great the midget shows were the previous week. I made all of the sprint and midget shows and they were outstanding. And for a real "outlandish wish" would be for USAC to reestablish a new Championship Trail with the Indy 500 the center piece, put the Silver Crown back into the points mix and develop an all oval series and let the road-racers go their own way. Just don't allow them to use the Indy or Champ Car tag and watch that racing "fizzle" out.

1 member likes this post: FishBurger
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC wish list for 2016