IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > May 18th@LBurg KISS Sprints!!
5/18/13, 7:37 PM   #41
Re: May 18th@LBurg KISS Sprints!!
smith19

it never rained 1.5 miles east on u.s. 50. crazy...

5/18/13, 8:49 PM   #42
johnnythunderhead
Banned

this is the 2nd time i've made this post tonite/ the 1st once for some reason did not post/ i am not attempting tO be confrontational, as lawrenceburg speedway is by faR MY FAVORITE TRACK; I SIMPLY STATED THAT I CHECKED THEIR HOME PAGE AT ABOUT 6:15, JUST BEFORE LEAVING MY HOUSE AND IT SAID THE RACING IS ON. I ARRIVED TO SUNNY SKIES ABOUT 15-20 MINS. LATER TO AN EMPTY HOUSE, IT APPEARED AS THOUGH IT HAD RAINED AT SOME POINT AND THERE WERE OMINOUS LOOKING CLOUDS LOOMING TO THE WEST, SO IT WAS PROLLY A GOOD CALL, MY ONLY QUESTION WAS, WHEN WAS IT MADE? I AM HOPING FOR A BETTER WEATHER PATERN/ THESE W/E RAINS ARE SPOILING OUR FUN/ HOPEFULLY IT'LL STEER CLEAR OF WINCHESTER TOMORROW

Posted via Mobile Device

5/18/13, 11:12 PM   #43
treecitytornado

You need to get the automatic text updates! The cancellation came to my phone at 5:44.

Posted via Mobile Device

5/18/13, 11:42 PM   #44
johnnythunderhead
Banned

why couldn't they have put it on their home page then, no great big deal, but works has been all but non existant and the price of gas is outrageous

Posted via Mobile Device

5/18/13, 11:48 PM   #45
newracefan123

A txt at 5:42 that the race has been canceled doesn't help when you come from Indianapolis and hot laps are scheduled to start at 6 thanks a bunch!

Posted via Mobile Device

5/19/13, 12:09 AM   #46
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I got there at about 345 and there were already puddles on the ground however it was dry for the most part, 410pm it rains steady for ten minutes and lets up. People go up to the gates at about ten till five and kim and the gang were already starting to man the booth and here comes the rain again, This time it rained a solid half hour, Not hard but at 520 they called it and it was still raining. As Im driving out the gate I get the text alert. I call my pops who lives about 3 miles east in Hidden Valley and tell him it's called so he don't make the trip.

We went fishing from 6-9:30 not a drop of rain fell however it looked like the airport was getting deluged.

It was a tough call, Not defending them, Yet Im not condemning them either

5/19/13, 10:13 AM   #47
Kim Rudisell

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post
why couldn't they have put it on their home page then, no great big deal, but works has been all but non existant and the price of gas is outrageous

Posted via Mobile Device
Johnny, it was front and center on our home page, maybe you missed it, here is a screen shot......
Attached Images
Canceled May 18.jpg (211.8 KB, 92 views)

5/19/13, 11:14 AM   #48
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Sometime if you don't refresh you're browser you can miss a resent update on a web page.

5/19/13, 6:50 PM   #49
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

I didn't go to Bloomington because I was thinking rainout.Drove to LB because I knew they would race.If anybody wants a forsure forecast,just ask me.Is it legal to add this to my race count

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: JordanBlanton
5/20/13, 2:32 AM   #50
johnnythunderhead
Banned

dave i am telling you i checked the home page right before i left the house at about 6:15 and it said the races were on. do you have more than one home page or something? no big deal for me anyways, but i know what i saw/ is there a make up date for this kiss race?

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by johnnythunderhead; 5/20/13 at 2:36 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > May 18th@LBurg KISS Sprints!!