IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brzozowski departing usac after 2 years service
9/14/12, 2:47 PM   #41
Re: Brzozowski departing usac after 2 years servic
DonMoore10

Quote:
Originally Posted by miledirt View Post
I hope everyone at USAC reads Coondog's post

Posted via Mobile Device
LOL Money is thicker than water.......

9/14/12, 4:31 PM   #42
sprntr

Quote:
Originally Posted by racephoto1 View Post
As for Ignite, they have every right to complain publicly. USAC is the carrier of their sponsorship, and a very large carrier at that. Ignite is placed in full view of the public each time Silver Crown races. WHEN the product is horrible, as Silver Crown has predominately been this year, Ignite has every right to complain publicly.
Ignite has the right to complain??? It's their fuel that has caused most of the Silver Crown Series problems THIS year.

The only ones that have have benefited from Ignite's involvement are USAC & the engine builders.

steiny
formerly crew on Nix's SC car.

1 member likes this post: SC90
9/14/12, 5:40 PM   #43
mr nobody
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
The only saving grace right now in my opinion in USAC is Kirk Spridgeon. Nobody cares more about the product of Sprint Car racing as a whole than he does. Promote from the inside...he would be my FIRST pick.
You're kidding right? If that is the only "saving grace" in USAC then stick a fork in USAC, they're done.

---------- Post added at 4:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:35 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by coondog View Post
Not sure how this got to an Ignite post, but I can't figure out why everyone is sticking up for them. As good as our team has been running this year, we have had major issues. Not like we kept it to ourselves and they never once "tried to work with us" as one quote I read. They were even told at Springfield they should talk to our team and never came to find out our issues. If they stayed for next year, I know of cars that were going to be parked.

As for the title of this thread, I enjoyed working with Dave the last 2 years and wish him the best in the future.

Posted via Mobile Device
But I thought Kody Swanson came on here and stated there were no problems.

9/14/12, 10:07 PM   #44
KodySwanson

I'm glad you remember me Mr. Nobody. I apologize for not knowing of the struggles Jerry's team was having. I knew of the bladder issues they were having early in the season, and that they were (one of the only, if not) the only team with that brand of bladder having issues.

While I do not know who told Ignite that they were having issues, if anyone did, I do know- that Ignite has announced on a number of occasions (including a pre-season meeting that members of that team attended) that they would have a full-access hotline to an expert with their fuel to help with any issues, at any time.

I would like to congratulate RW Motorsports on winning 4 of the first 5 races this season despite suffering from these "major issues." Since apparently this board is the only source of information that people trust, I would like to remind anyone struggling with Ignite fuel, that you can find any help you seek by contacting Ignite via their hotline at 765-667-5976.

Thank you for your all for your interest in the Silver Crown series.

Dave, I apologize that this thread has came to this. I had no intentions of participating in this side conversation, until I was called out by name. I very much appreciate all of your efforts, and the dedication that you showed to our series and our sport, despite the circumstances that you were put in. I know that things will go well for you in the future and I hope that I will be able to work with you again sometime down the road.

Thank you again.

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by KodySwanson; 9/15/12 at 8:20 AM.

3 members like this post: billwill7, Honest-Sam, minisprinter
9/14/12, 11:27 PM   #45
racing in indy
Inactive Member

Sounds to me like the real issue was the way that USAC handled the situation with Dave B. Can one person on here say that USAC is better today then in the past? Is the series growing? How is the attendance? Are teams getting paid? What about the pay outs that brought in the drivers & the teams? Besides sprints what is happening to car counts & number of races in the other series that has nothing to do with IGNITE? The message is getting lost here. Does USAC want to be involved in racing. If you look at it from a sponsorship point of view whats good for the series is good for you. If the ship is sinking maybe its time to have some real discusion on how keep it afloat. Maybe Ignite really does care about USAC & are willing to say publicly what everyone is thinking? It does not seem like they are having any trouble in any other forms of racing.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
9/15/12, 1:13 AM   #46
coondog

Wow. That was the first word that came to mind after reading Kodys post. I have never come on a message board and made derogatory comments about a fellow driver or team. I never once mentioned Kody or 6R Racing. I had a lot of respect for Kody and considered him a friend until he came on here and called me a liar. Im not going to get into a lot of specifics, but 2 teams told me directly that they found issues with their bladders. And to quote Kody, "While I do not know who told Ignite that they were having issues, if anyone did." Do you think I just make things up? Anyone that knows me or has read anything I post, knows that I post facts. I would think that when a company representative is on hand and was told to go speak to a particular team, they would want to immediately find out what issues they were having and not just expect them to call a hotline.

I wish Kody would have made an attempt to talk to me directly or someone on my team to find out the issues we have been having instead of coming on a message board and disrespecting myself and my team.

My post was about the fuel creating problems. Im glad the 6R team is not having problems. They are a great team and have done a lot for the sport. However, we are having problems and I know other teams are as well. I was even told by an engine builder tonight, that they were done with the Silver Crown Series if Ignite is back next year. To pretend there is not a problem is going to kill the sereies.

9/15/12, 1:37 AM   #47
miledirt

I really don't understand how ANYONE associated with the Silver Crown series can say that this series does not have serious problems right now... and at least 4 team reps have said that they have had problems with the fuel, some to the point that they either aren't on the track or won't be in the future. If USAC has confident in Ignite, they need to come on here and say it AND more importantly contact the owners that put cars on the track and give them hard facts to improve their confidence for the future.

...just a fan, big fan of what I think is one of the greatest pure American forms of racing around

1 member likes this post: SC90
9/15/12, 1:49 AM   #48
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

[QUOTE=mr nobody;302407]You're kidding right? If that is the only "saving grace" in USAC then stick a fork in USAC, they're done.[COLOR="Black"]

And your name is?

you obviously have no clue what Kirk has done to help USAC

1 member likes this post: billwill7
9/15/12, 1:50 AM   #49
groove grabber

Our bladder has a black goo under it and now leaks hmmm

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: jjones776
9/15/12, 6:53 AM   #50
mr nobody
Banned

[quote=Chris Nunn;302494]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr nobody View Post
You're kidding right? If that is the only "saving grace" in USAC then stick a fork in USAC, they're done.[COLOR="Black"]

And your name is?

you obviously have no clue what Kirk has done to help USAC
My name is exactly what I post here under. I am of no significance when it comes to matters in racing, been told that on here before and in PM's since I do not compete full time in USAC or make every event that USAC sanctions. I do however make a good majority of races that USAC puts on. I have been a USAC member and been around USAC races for 25+ years. I have also been around racing for 30+ years with different organizations (MARA, NAMARS, MOWA, GRI, POWRI, UMARA, STARS, MSCS, Knoxville) to name a few. I've seen good and bad in racing. Provided ideas, suggestions and criticism and praise all when I think they were needed and sometimes when they weren't needed. But to those who feel they are high and mighty I am exactly what I am here: a nobody. But to those who see me as an equal and on the same level as me think I pretty much am speaking the truth. There is no love lost between Kirk and myself. I won't post publicly my true opinion of the man because decorum prohibits such.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Brzozowski departing usac after 2 years service