IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou-Wilmot
6/29/12, 6:04 PM   #41
Re: Robert Ballou-Wilmot
flatout18

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 46

[this all comes down to a "judgement call" and, IMO, since ballou tends to drive pretty hard , he is probably going to be at the top of the list of guys they are watching......but lately, i have seen others offering up similar moves and no one bats an eye

And these guys driving hard is the exact reason I am an open wheel fan. If USAC tries to sanitize everything, the series will be no better than a NASCRAP show.

I was not at Wilmot and haven't seen the video but, I like watching both of these guys run and I seriously doubt it was any more than a "racing" deal. It sounds like USAC has blown this whole thing out of proportion.

I say going forward, I hope Hunter and Robert can put all of this behind them and race just as hard to get to the checkers first. Good luck to both of you and I hope the upcoming Sprint Week treats you both well.

6/29/12, 6:24 PM   #42
ossuks

Couple more odds and ends:
- Someone posted something about this topic and why discuss it? IMO if people are talking about racing then the interest level is up, how can that be a bad thing?

- Even though there seems to be a disagreement about what took place, again a reason for debate, interest level climbs, people want to see the next race to see how things play out, how can that be a bad thing?

- I also am not picking on RB or do I have an ax to grind, just looked to me like he caused this one, he has been on the other end before, it is the nature of open wheel racing, if it was easy I would try it!

-Have you ever heard a competitor ever yell and swear at an official?

6/29/12, 6:47 PM   #43
c47

"-Have you ever heard a competitor ever yell and swear at an official?"

naaaaaaa....never

6/30/12, 8:19 AM   #44
Hamby812

Sliders stop in the middle of the track? I thought the idea behind a slider was to throw it in hard with hope of "sliding" in front of the car in front of you therefore taking away their line and momentum, not to mention the position. I have not seen the video nor do I care to argue whos fault it was. But opinions are one thing, biased opinions are another. I could be wrong, I havent raced for years but I do still frequent the race tracks. But if a slider doesnt invole sliding in front of who youre over taking isnt basically every pass a slider?

6/30/12, 11:26 AM   #45
sw1911

Has USAC explained what it did to RB and why?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Robert Ballou-Wilmot