IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Schedule 2010
12/11/09, 1:55 PM   #41
Re: USAC Schedule 2010
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicktime3 View Post
WBR, it seriously cannot come out any earlier! It has come out on this very same day for a few years now, and the USAC schedules were actually out narrowly before the World of Outlaws this year. I'm just not sure how this "late" deal started...I could damn near set my watch to when the USAC schedules will come out.
I agree, isnt this when the schedule has come out for the past 5 or 6 years? I think some are a little too impatient.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

12/11/09, 2:01 PM   #42
High Banks

Watch for an announcement coming soon of Must See Racing Xtreme Sprint Series being a part of the USAC show at Salem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
All in all not a bad schedule. A couple of thoughts and comments.

*I was surprised with only 1 Winchester date.

*Sprints only at Salem, no midgets.

*Nothing at all at Vermilion County? 3 dates at Lincoln Park.

*I thought maybe a date at I-55 and/or Lucas Oil Speedway on the way to Belleville.

*No Hut 100 date.

*The Anderson date of 4/11 will probably be a day race not night like the schedule indicates.

12/11/09, 2:13 PM   #43
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Banks View Post
Watch for an announcement coming soon of Must See Racing Xtreme Sprint Series being a part of the USAC show at Salem!
Are you the same guys that tried to do the
X2RA Midget shows and the Xplex? That spelling of "xtreme" looked kind of familiar.

12/11/09, 2:55 PM   #44
usac99

Before usac got rid of a certain official, he had the schedule out the 3td week of oct.

12/11/09, 3:33 PM   #45
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by usac99 View Post
Before usac got rid of a certain official, he had the schedule out the 3td week of oct.
My memory is not good, but I don't ever recall USAC releasing a schedule for the next year BEFORE the current season ended.

12/11/09, 3:46 PM   #46
High Banks

No connection with the midget group of a few years back. The Must See Racing Xtreme Sprint Series is Jim Hanks’ group. Jim spearheaded the joint HOSS and Auto Value Sprint Series show at Salem in ’09 when 27 winged sprint cars were on hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
Are you the same guys that tried to do the
X2RA Midget shows and the Xplex? That spelling of "xtreme" looked kind of familiar.

2 members like this post: Mud Packer, Seadog
12/11/09, 4:26 PM   #47
IndyBound

Quote:
Originally Posted by etpro43 View Post
this is a nice list of races but there are a few that I wouldn't buy my plane tickets just yet for. As of a couple weeks ago I know that the Oswego race was not a go yet.
etpro43, if is anything like 2009 the contract wasn't signed until the end of June, when I called Oswego to try to buy tickets for some friends in early June Oswego had no contract and no idea what to chrage for tickets.

I was hoping they would make the Oswego race a double or triple header, SC & midget or SC, midget and sprint, wishful thinking on my part.

Patti
Last edited by IndyBound; 12/12/09 at 4:26 PM.

12/11/09, 5:09 PM   #48
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Banks View Post
High Banks,

Thanks for the info. I will watch for it.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

12/11/09, 6:48 PM   #49
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexonephoto View Post

Is the May 7-8 weekend with Bloomington and Haubstadt worth a 16 hour drive?

I have never been to either of them tracks and would like to add a few to my list next season.

Yes it would be worth the drive IMO, I personally have never seen a bad race at bloomington. haven't made it to haubstadt yet but have heard very good things

12/11/09, 7:28 PM   #50
wbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicktime3 View Post
WBR, it seriously cannot come out any earlier! It has come out on this very same day for a few years now, and the USAC schedules were actually out narrowly before the World of Outlaws this year. I'm just not sure how this "late" deal started...I could damn near set my watch to when the USAC schedules will come out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I agree, isnt this when the schedule has come out for the past 5 or 6 years? I think some are a little too impatient.
Gentlemen, I was told by a USAC oldtimer that their bylaws mandated the schedule be done by November 15th. I have no way to know if that is true or not and really don't care.

My problem is a selfish one. We cannot compete with all the big money teams without help from some great sponsors each season. We had the opportunity to land another major sponsor this season and all they wanted was a concrete schedule of our races to move forward. They normally spend that money in the 3rd quarter for the next year, but we were able to get a time extension to Dec. 1st. Well so much for that. Don't misread me either- I am a big supporter of USAC.

Just playing devils advocate here: Why can't USAC publish a schedule before the season is over? I would think some tracks would be willing to sign 2 or 3 year contracts. Do you think a track that wants a USAC race would wish to lock down that date for a few years?:38:

2 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Schedule 2010