IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any Haubstadt Updates
9/7/09, 12:39 PM   #41
Re: Any Haubstadt Updates
ClaytonYeley

First off, I thought it was a good race. Weir, Ballou Cummins, Williams and others were all running very hard. Now about the track. I over heard a MSCS official say that this was the first time he could remember that Tommy put very little to no water on the track (a little before hot laps). He went on to say that they had been out working on the track since the rain stopped that morning. So seems to me that if you start working the track from the time the rain stops until the cars hit the track then you can't do much more. All the track working in between races made it where the cars could run against the wall in the feature. So it was worth it imo.

ps. Mother nature was on our side. The roads were wet about four miles south of the track. Man that lightning show was cool.

9/7/09, 12:40 PM   #42
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiusrod View Post
Radios sure would be sweet. I should have gone to kokomo
Posted via Mobile Device
You should have.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormasher View Post
$18 for a regular show you could have seen anywhere for $12. Modifieds put on the best show by far.

Ballou was almost worth the price though. Hated to see him tear up.
So why weren't you racing last night? To far of a drive?

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

9/7/09, 2:37 PM   #43
Hamby812

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I like Haubstadt and the staff, but sometimes all the "Haubstadt homers", who only go there and do not ever venture off there porch chase me away.

I live 5 minutes from the track and yes I go there everytime they race, but I also go to many other tracks throughout the season(Eldora, b-town, lps, brownstown, and even kokomo). Most of the people I know around here aka Haubstadt homers also travel to many other tracks just cause we dont go to kokomo every week dont mean we go nowhere else. O and by the way couldnt we consider you a Kokomo faithful?? Seems to me people just wanna argue about which track is better. Ive been to each track this year and yes kokomo more than once and seen better races at haubstadt bar nun. And for all the kokomo faithful who are gonna say that you dont get the side by side racing at TSS as you do at kokomo are just play foolish. To each his own like I said in another post people who live up north prefer kokomo and people who live south prefer TSS. Who really cares just watch and enjoy you sprint car racing.....

9/7/09, 2:46 PM   #44
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Mr. Funk must be in a bad mood today

9/7/09, 3:17 PM   #45
ilrf49

Haubstadt paid $3000 to win sprint feature. A huge crowd, what a great turnout of fans with the threat of rain. Great facility, great racing and track owners who appreciate the fans.

1 member likes this post: sprintgal
9/7/09, 3:28 PM   #46
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamby812 View Post
I live 5 minutes from the track and yes I go there everytime they race, but I also go to many other tracks throughout the season(Eldora, b-town, lps, brownstown, and even kokomo). Most of the people I know around here aka Haubstadt homers also travel to many other tracks just cause we dont go to kokomo every week dont mean we go nowhere else. O and by the way couldnt we consider you a Kokomo faithful?? Seems to me people just wanna argue about which track is better. Ive been to each track this year and yes kokomo more than once and seen better races at haubstadt bar nun. And for all the kokomo faithful who are gonna say that you dont get the side by side racing at TSS as you do at kokomo are just play foolish. To each his own like I said in another post people who live up north prefer kokomo and people who live south prefer TSS. Who really cares just watch and enjoy you sprint car racing.....
I have no complaints with Tri State, its staff, or the quality of the racing. I get tired of the people who don't know anything running their mouths. I like both tracks. If someone was at Kokomo,and said they saw a better show than you saw at Haubstadt, I would say the same thing, how do you know you didn't see both shows.Still waiting for an answer Mr Lynch.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 9/7/09 at 3:35 PM.

9/7/09, 6:40 PM   #47
DIRT-TRACK-JUNKIE

Don't quit your job to become a weather man. Just out of curiosity Mr. Lynch how does one know which race was better if he only attends one?[/QUOTE]

He's GOD He knows all and sees all He watched both races from stands of Haubstadt He held off the weather and tried to send it your way I know I saw the better Mod feature last night than you did Mr.Funk

9/7/09, 8:51 PM   #48
Joe Trucks

I couldn't have said it any better myself

9/7/09, 9:01 PM   #49
eli2448

I dont think this question ever got answered. Who was scotty driving for at TSS? Was it Todd Gnat's 51?

9/7/09, 9:04 PM   #50
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by eli2448 View Post
I dont think this question ever got answered. Who was scotty driving for at TSS? Was it Todd Gnat's 51?
The Gorby 1G.

Winston Churchill

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any Haubstadt Updates