Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprint 2009
12/13/08, 2:54 PM   #41
Re: USAC Sprint 2009
Z-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
Looks pretty good. Glad to see so many half miles

I will skip Kamp this year, two years of eating dust is enough for me. Logistics make no sense, which is typical. Wonder if they are going to run against the Joe James/Pat O'Connor race again this year? (this is one of my favorite races and last year it was a stock car fest) :thumbsdown:
http://www.salemspeedway.com/news.htm#USAC Sounds like it will be a night race.

12/13/08, 3:24 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
Good, at least im not the only one
What Heromaker's not telling you, is they're voices in his head.

Do you hear voices too, Chris?

12/14/08, 10:31 AM   #43
hogan6

30 laps at Eldora....30 laps at Bloomington?? Why doesn't USAC give us 40 lappers on the quarter miles??

12/14/08, 11:01 AM   #44
Tim Watson

The double header at Eldora on Easter weekend sounds like a road trip for us, complete with hard boiled eggs. :wink

12/14/08, 1:10 PM   #45
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

I have voices in my head, but they speak Spanish and I have no idea what they are saying. I wish one of them would get a job.

12/14/08, 1:32 PM   #46
Z-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nunn View Post
I have voices in my head, but they speak Spanish and I have no idea what they are saying. I wish one of them would get a job.
Could it be "Dos cerveza por favor".

12/14/08, 1:33 PM   #47
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

After the Brownstown banquet last night, cerveza is a BAD word

12/14/08, 5:03 PM   #48
illiNOISE

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan6 View Post
30 laps at Eldora....30 laps at Bloomington?? Why doesn't USAC give us 40 lappers on the quarter miles??
I have no problem with a 30 lap distance. Thirty laps is plenty long enough on a 1/4 mile for lapped traffic to come into play.

12/14/08, 5:05 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogan6 View Post
Because it has nothing to do with the USAC? It's the tracks decision on race distance.

12/16/08, 1:10 AM   #50
carrytheleftfront

JEE-ZUS! Come on already with the highway pounding during sprintweek. Terre Haute on Wednesday, then ALL the way up to Kamp on Thursday, then ALL the way BACK down to Bloomington on Friday? Does anyone care about logistics? How about being efficient? A huge WASTE of time on the scheduling! I can't imagine that Kamp and Terre Haute would mind if they flip-flopped nights near the end of the week. I'll book a room in Terre Haute and stay there on Thursday night and let you have the Kamp "dustbowl" to yourselves. An outdoor pool and some rest and relaxation is far cheaper than driving 400 miles because USAC can't tell North from South!!! Otherwise, I love it! Can't wait for 2009!

In response to this post i think it is actually great scheduling. You go to Terre Haute wednesday, then kamp, b-town, and tri-state. For those who stay in hotels like most all the drivers do or teams... You get a room at one hotel for 3 nights as opposed to having to book hotel rooms at 3 different places. race at terre haute.. stay there. go to kamp roughly hour and half race and come back to terre haute for the night.. then you have like an hour drive to b town the next day. then back to terre haute.. then the last night when u have the longest drive your half way there with your room in terre haute and have a shorter drive to tri state.... as a former mechanic on a team it is nice to not have to check in and stay at diffferent hotels every night.... having one hotel for 3 nights is much nicer... plus u can normally get better rates when staying for more than one night...this schedule is reflecting by having a former racer working in USAC...McCord who understands what is nice for the race teams and drivers to get the most rest. 2 thoumbs up to USAC:thumb:thumb :usacfan also for the out of town fans it helps them the same way....

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sprint 2009