IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin swidell wins western
11/10/08, 8:12 PM   #41
Re: Kevin swidell wins western
riskybrisky5

I agree 100% with Rob. The problem is there is no respect in Sprint car racing anymore. No respect for fellow drivers or equipment. I always took pride in racing clean. If you couldnt pass a fellow racer clean you didnt pass them. That is one of the reasons I have hung my helmet up is that you cant even race side by side with half of the drivers out there. The days with Kevin Thomas, Dave Darland, and Tony Elliott where you could race 30 laps side by side inches apart are few and far between anymore. There are some really good racers still out there today that I wouldnt hesitate to run side by side with and one drives for the Hoffmans. But there are far more that you cant run beside. Like I said the main thing is lack of respect and the other is lack of car control. They stab the gas and where the car goes they go they cant put it where they want it and if your beside them tough luck because they are not lifting. This is not slamming Swindell because I was not there and I did not see it. The last time I saw Kevin run I thought he ran a clean race. I am just talking about the sport in general anymore.

11/10/08, 8:30 PM   #42
RichC

Quote:
I stand by my words
And I mine.

Quote:
and therefore always sign my name so you can come discuss my opinion with me.
Sorry, my mistake. I didn't use my full name - Rich Chesavage

11/10/08, 8:34 PM   #43
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

I couldn't agree with RacerRobs or Riskybrisky statements more:thumb

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

11/10/08, 8:48 PM   #44
c47

NO RESPECT....

IMO....there are too many racers nowadays that dont have to pay for or repair their mistakes. and too many owners that tolerate it.
win one night, wadd up the car the next....no big deal....the owner will just get out another one cause daddy paid the bill.
rent a rides and rich daddies that think their kid is gonna get to nascar by beating his way to the front has lead to the disrespect of the other racers and equipment.

maybe when you sign in to the pits, the waver should read..."what happens here, stays here....leave your lawyer out of it....you act like an *******, you pay the price"
do another racer wrong and settle it the way things use to be settled.
do an owner and team wrong....lose your seat.

and when did a "take the spot at any cost" slide job become acceptable?
or is it just OK when it is your favorite driver?

WWHD??
Last edited by c47; 11/10/08 at 8:51 PM.

11/10/08, 9:20 PM   #45
Racerrob

Quote:
Maybe go back to racing 1/4 midgets if your afraid of a little car contact.
1/4 midgets are for kids to learn how to race. There is LOTS of car contact especially with the novice/lacks talent drivers!! But as the kids get older they learn car control and the contact diminishes tremendously. So that leaves either two options in the case at hand: Either Kevin Swindell has no car control because he is a novice/lacks talent or he intentionally drives in a rough manner without regard to the consequences. I have not seen many serious injuries at 1/4 midget events but I have seen way too many people die in a sprint car. So yes I do dislike a little intentional car contact.

Quote:
John quit yer This stuff has been going on for as long as I have been going to races. You people act like it is something new. Get over it.
Another brilliant statement! Slavery went on for hundreds of years but I am glad we didn't "get over it". Drivers were killed on a regular basis in the early years of racing but I am glad we didn't "get over it". Just because someone does not agree with your opinion does not entitle you to try to silence. Either overcome their opposition with logic or agree to disagree.

I will point out that I had not mentioned Kevin Swindell's name until this post. He slid us cleanly at Perris and we drove back around him for the position. That was not the case at Manzy.

So Joe you can continue to congratulate Kevin on the "nice job" he did at Manzy but I just can't drink your Kool Aid.

Rob Hoffman

11/10/08, 10:06 PM   #46
Pat O'Connor Fan

I would like to point out that some :loser: in this disagreement have no more invested in racing that an ugly green tee-shirt and a Kokomo ticket, and never strap their a$$ into a race car.

11/10/08, 10:12 PM   #47
Joe Kidd

Again I congratulate Kevin on a nice run and win. From the guy who has the ugly green shirt from the greatest sprint car driver that ever lived with the Kokomo ticket. To the other guy who has never strapped his a$$ in a sprint car or invested in it otherwise. :rolleyes:

11/10/08, 10:13 PM   #48
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Kidd View Post
John quit yer :crying: This stuff has been going on for as long as I have been going to races. You people act like it is something new. Get over it.

Again nice job Kevin. :thumb
So Joe I suppose you thought it was just racin when he gassed it while sitting on top of Windom's car at Gas City 2 years ago. Geez things must be going bad at the plant and you decided to vent a little frustration here, huh?

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

11/10/08, 10:19 PM   #49
Joe Kidd

Rob can you tell me that you never had a driver get into someone else?

As for drivers getting killed in the early years. Do you think that maybe it was because safety issues may have had a lot do do with it?
It's racing and it is going to continue to happen. I've seen some of the best do it, and I'm not talking about Kevin.

11/10/08, 10:23 PM   #50
Joe Kidd

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
So Joe I suppose you thought it was just racin when he gassed it while sitting on top of Windom's car at Gas City 2 years ago. Geez things must be going bad at the plant and you decided to vent a little frustration here, huh?
John I'm not going to stay pissed at something that happened back then. I think you got the wrong track anyway. But you can. It's evident you are. It's time to get over it.
Last edited by Joe Kidd; 11/10/08 at 10:25 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kevin swidell wins western