IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > sprint mania
10/8/17, 1:59 PM   #41
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
So for those that went to Fairbury; what's your overall impression of the racing and the facility?
We raced are Modifieds there most of the season. Just like to hear some Open Wheel folks thoughts.
nathans, I'm probably a bit biased given that I live so close and have been attending and participating as a crew member since I was single digits in age but Fairbury compares favorably to Kokomo and I have a very high opinion of Kokomo. The only aspect of their dirt open wheel events that I'd remotely criticize is they don't get the cars staged and pushed off as efficiently as they might. The track prep is impeccable, the facility is first rate and the camping and spectator capacity and amenities are more than adequate. I honestly believe a USAC National event would be a very good fit for Fairbury.

10/8/17, 3:50 PM   #42
cshuman

I think the main issue last night was the ramp getting onto the track was so muddy. Everyone did a good job of getting to staging on time, but we would have to get a big run to get cars up the hill one at a time, and the next one would have to wait until the car ahead was clear and out of the way. It was an amazing effort by all involved to get that race in. Just wish we could have got both days in, because I think we would have seen much larger crowds and car counts.. Mark your calendars for next year👍

10/8/17, 4:03 PM   #43
Re: sprint mania
dirtfan24

Race Count Last Year: 52

Thank you for efforts to get the show in last night. We will be back next year.

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
10/8/17, 4:45 PM   #44
Duane Hancock

Excellent racing!! First time there and will be back. Amazing job done by the track crew to get the show in, very friendly track staff and fans. Its just over 4 hours for me and IDK why I have waited so long to get there. Nice town too. Very great first time visit even if I didnt get home til almost 8 AM my time this morning

10/8/17, 5:15 PM   #45
chathamracefan

We have some great tracks in IL but I am certain FALS is the best. Great track and atmosphere. Also the town support allows them to pull off a night like last night where they could wait out the rain without a 11:00 curfew or some such thing hanging over their heads

3 members like this post: jonboat15, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
10/8/17, 5:40 PM   #46
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Go to the Jackslash.com Facebook page to see highlights of the Non-Wing features

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
10/8/17, 8:46 PM   #47
JDK222

Well when you roll into town and the first Billboards you see have late models on them you feel pretty welcomed. We waited a bit to unload but when we finally did a gentleman who said he was with the American Legion welcomed us. He thanked us for coming and gave us some information on the town. He also said the town wants you here, there are no curfews, and there will be no complaints. The track was excellent I have been around racing my whole life but watching Saldana rip around the top in the wing car was pretty amazing. Great show all around no issues. Hope to go back again next year

10/8/17, 10:20 PM   #48
jonboat15

I wish every track could be like Fairbury. I drove 12 hours to get there for the June 1st midget and sprint show and I will never forget the wonderful atmosphere and racing that night. I sure hope to visit that place again someday.

5 members like this post: erich45, nathans1012, oppweld, Simon_says17, tirespinner
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > sprint mania