IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > announcers
7/2/14, 4:42 PM   #41
Re: announcers
ISF

An earlier post expressed my sentiments exactly but I will reiterate that Scott Daloisio is as good of a racetrack PA announcer as there is today, and better than 99.9%. Jim Childers runs a close second to Scott. That is said with all due respect to Chris Nunn, who also does a fine job. And, it is undeniably true that Perris Auto Speedway has the best PA system I've ever heard.

Two other points already posted that I'd like to echo is for the announcers to shut up for a while during down time and for God's sake don't play music so loud that we can't make a person a foot away hear us. Very, very annoying, indeed.

And as also was discussed.............announcers, please don't tell people to stand and wave without also telling them to sit down for the start of, and the duration of the green flag portions of, the race. Short track open wheel crowds are the most courteous in that regard, for sure, but a reminder to set back down is in order. One of the many reasons, but probably the biggest reason, I don't go near a NASCAR event anymore is because people who do attend those events (not races) refuse to sit down. I've seen fisticuffs over this very subject at NASCAR races. I do not understand why people believe they have to stand to enjoy a race, or an event in the case of NASCAR.
Last edited by ISF; 7/2/14 at 4:43 PM.

7/2/14, 7:18 PM   #42
racenut69

My guess would be that NASCAR fans have to stand to stay awake...

2 members like this post: davidm, short track scott
7/2/14, 7:41 PM   #43
cecil98

I think Pat Sullivan is one of the better announcers around....maybe the best

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > announcers