IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC National Sprint Cars - 2023 Schedule
12/11/22, 1:26 PM   #41
Re: USAC National Sprint Cars - 2023 Schedule
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeleyfan76 View Post
Look up Willow Grove Pa. It’s exit 343 on the turnpike. When looking at a map and knowing I have to go home after each race for work, you will see that it’s how you go to get anywhere in decent time from where I live. Central Pa is 100 miles west of here. Thanks for the help. The first three nites and Kutztown really aren’t in Central pa at all. Again thanks for the help.
Path Valley is the only one that requires the Turnpike
But if you gotta drive home each nite, different story, depending on where you live
I get a motel in Carlisle & hardly ever use the Turnpike

2 members like this post: Scott Daloisio, tirespinner
12/11/22, 5:35 PM   #42
Vertigo

Interesting that the national sprint cars end the season in Oklahoma. The midgets have raced here now for several years including when USAC sanctioned the Chili Bowl and I was lucky enough to see the 1st USAC Silver Crown vs NCRA super modified race in OKC back in 83. But USAC sprint cars in the Sooner State... I had to look that up. A flip through Modern Thunder shows 3 races at the Tulsa fairgrounds, 2 at the Oklahoma City fairgrounds and 1 race in Lawton and 1 in Muskogee.

I was also wondering about a car count for non-wing sprints in October but I see that the race is also on the ASCS Elite non-wing schedule so that should help.

Hope to see you in October!

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
12/11/22, 10:23 PM   #43
Turd Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppweld View Post
Whats sad is the lack of fan support that killed it!
Is that official? I haven't heard anything and assume Perris is waiting on that dam project before confirming any dates.

1 member likes this post: flagboy55
12/12/22, 10:59 AM   #44
BrentTFunk

I saw an awful lot of empty seats at the Oval Nationals. Both times I went, the crowds were weak on Thursday and Friday, but was strong on Saturday. It appeared to me like the crowd was pretty small on Saturday, way smaller than when I was there. I also noticed a lot of unsold billboards. That is not good for a promoter trying to make money. It is a really nice place with a nice staff.

1 member likes this post: oppweld
12/12/22, 11:16 AM   #45
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 25

I was talking about the Oval Track Nationals. Perris seems to have been spared for now. But if its on your bucket list you might want plan on going there sooner than later.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC National Sprint Cars - 2023 Schedule