IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bp?
7/14/09, 1:01 AM   #41
Re: Bp?
4wheelsinthekoosh

it pays 5 times as much to win a usac race then a weekly show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It don't cost 5 times as much to race usac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No it doesnt 4 grand to win a usac show and 1400 to win a local show. 4000 divided by 1400 is ????? ya 2.85. So lets see run lets say kokomo this last sunday. i would have had to get a new rr and left rears we all know what old rubber is not going to work at a sprint week show one rr at 175 3 left rears around 200 so thats 775 and i havent left the house, all the expenices to get to the track, tp, transponder, radio, extra money for pitpass so now your at least at a grand in havent hot lapped yet. Then 2 grand worth of usac bs about sun visor this and side panel that. So now it has cost alot of money and been no fun. And even if you get throught the night perfectly with no scratches you still spend a grand in wear and tear. So there is no advantage to run a usac show for someone that has to stick what they can do to race. ya it would be great to be there and race. but honestly who is not there at a normal show or a kiss show. I dont race to prove anything to anyone i do it cause i love it. And i dont have to win a usac show to prove that i can race with the best. I race with the best every sunday local show at kokomo. And now it is time for a same less plug NEW BILLY PUTERBAUGH T Shirt will be out in august but the art work gets done i will post it so everyone can see. Thank you to FatHeadz Eyewear, DRC, Indy Race Parts.

3 members like this post: billwill7, Bruce Harrison, pletchfan
7/14/09, 1:07 AM   #42
JasonWatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelsinthekoosh View Post
it pays 5 times as much to win a usac race then a weekly show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It don't cost 5 times as much to race usac!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No it doesnt 4 grand to win a usac show and 1400 to win a local show. 4000 divided by 1400 is ????? ya 2.85. So lets see run lets say kokomo this last sunday. i would have had to get a new rr and left rears we all know what old rubber is not going to work at a sprint week show one rr at 175 3 left rears around 200 so thats 775 and i havent left the house, all the expenices to get to the track, tp, transponder, radio, extra money for pitpass so now your at least at a grand in havent hot lapped yet. Then 2 grand worth of usac bs about sun visor this and side panel that. So now it has cost alot of money and been no fun. And even if you get throught the night perfectly with no scratches you still spend a grand in wear and tear. So there is no advantage to run a usac show for someone that has to stick what they can do to race. ya it would be great to be there and race. but honestly who is not there at a normal show or a kiss show. I dont race to prove anything to anyone i do it cause i love it. And i dont have to win a usac show to prove that i can race with the best. I race with the best every sunday local show at kokomo. And now it is time for a same less plug NEW BILLY PUTERBAUGH T Shirt will be out in august but the art work gets done i will post it so everyone can see. Thank you to FatHeadz Eyewear, DRC, Indy Race Parts.

Best of luck Billy. Keep your head up as you are an awesome driver! Best of luck the rest of the season! You will get a break soon and someone else can pay the bills and you will just have to drive!

Jason Watt

7/14/09, 1:59 AM   #43
Midget82

Quote:

Do what you gotta do Billy! I've been a fan for a long time and the "Spirit of Indiana" Poster hangs proudly in my garage... I'll be first in line to get one of those new T-Shirts too!

7/14/09, 6:58 AM   #44
Downey44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUKE View Post

whats that got to do with my question? I did what i wanted to do and when i drove a good car i run up front with the best sprint car drivers in my time!!!!!!!!!!! So kiss my
( I did what I wanted to ) Sounds like the same thing Billy P. is doing to me

2 members like this post: awnunn, billwill7
7/14/09, 7:56 AM   #45
psullivan

But why is Penske the best Duke? Yes he is smart, and yes he gets smart people around him - but he also has a bigger budget. Speed costs - how fast do you want to go?

7/14/09, 8:02 AM   #46
illinisprintfan

Quote:

Not that my opinion counts, but in the end Billy run whatever deal you want to. For anyone who is worried about him not being at ISW, write a check, send it to him and I'm sure he will be at the next race. I would like to see him out there as well, but he has to do what he feels is best for his race team. As for your new shirts, when they are available, let us know, I want one.

7/14/09, 8:17 AM   #47
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by psullivan View Post
but why is penske the best duke? Yes he is smart, and yes he gets smart people around him - but he also has a bigger budget. Speed costs - how fast do you want to go?
then go out and get sponsors like roger!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If all the iow fans give $10 to there hero he can go usac racing!

---------- Post added at 08:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

Quote:

No it doesnt 4 grand to win a usac show and 1400 to win a local show. 4000 divided by 1400 is ????? Ya 2.85. So lets see run lets say kokomo this last sunday. I would have had to get a new rr and left rears we all know what old rubber is not going to work at a sprint week show one rr at 175 3 left rears around 200 so thats 775 and i havent left the house, all the expenices to get to the track, tp, transponder, radio, extra money for pitpass so now your at least at a grand in havent hot lapped yet. Then 2 grand worth of usac bs about sun visor this and side panel that. So now it has cost alot of money and been no fun. And even if you get throught the night perfectly with no scratches you still spend a grand in wear and tear. So there is no advantage to run a usac show for someone that has to stick what they can do to race. Ya it would be great to be there and race. But honestly who is not there at a normal show or a kiss show. I dont race to prove anything to anyone i do it cause i love it. And i dont have to win a usac show to prove that i can race with the best. I race with the best every sunday local show at kokomo. And now it is time for a same less plug new billy puterbaugh t shirt will be out in august but the art work gets done i will post it so everyone can see. Thank you to fatheadz eyewear, drc, indy race parts.
not all local races pay $1400 to win and you have the same cost going racing!

7/14/09, 8:28 AM   #48
hoosierdaddy

I'm going to go drink some Jack Daniels after reading all of this!

1 member likes this post: SUPERDUKE
7/14/09, 8:39 AM   #49
SUPERDUKE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierdaddy View Post
i'm going to go drink some jack daniels after reading all of this!
get a half gallon and i will join you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by downey44 View Post
( i did what i wanted to ) sounds like the same thing billy p. Is doing to me
i'am sure he would like to race usac and be the usac champion!!!!!!!!!! He has raced usac!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 08:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlehead View Post
go here and see the stats for yourself...

http://www.openwheeltimes.com/owt_driverreport.php

duke.... Please learn how to spell. Learn how to win an argument without insulting people and see if that helps your credibility. I bet it would. Or can you??

P.s. Calling pat sullivan a hayseed is pathetic. Is that all you can come up with?
hes from kansas!!!!!! A hayseed! And your a hoosier!!!! A ?????? If you where at all my races you mite understand the races i was up front in and dropped out! Does you book say that???????????? So you kiss my Who the hell did you ever beat???????????

---------- Post added at 09:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwill7 View Post
hey dukie,
please tell us how many races you won !!
Please tell us how many races you won !!
How many times did you run the speedway like bill sr.
If if remember correctly you were at better running your mouth than you were running on the race track.
Please tell how many races you won !!
one usac race! One! And the great john mahler gave don mergar $25000 and got my ride at indy! How many usac features did he make???? None!!!!!!!!!!!! So how much talent does it take to run indy?? And this is not a attack on bill sr.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7/14/09, 10:56 AM   #50
ThrottleHead

LOL! All insults.... no substance....

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bp?