IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-Thursday Night Sprints!
6/28/12, 3:36 PM   #41
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway-Thursday Night Sprints!
Gene Franckowiak

You are correct, but two things....first, you do not see the WoO drivers racing local races for less than what the Outlaws pay. That allows the WoO to get races with a high purse. Second......the WoO has a much much larger fan base and National exposure than the USAC sprint cars do....just by calling yourself a national tour does not make that true......How can USAC book more races at higher purses when you guys always go race for less.....precisely what bargaining chip do they have. If I was the promoter at Bloomington, I'd give USA 1 mercy hump race and the rest of the rest of the time I'd pay the 1200 cause all you guys are comin' anyway.....what do I get for all that extra money ????? Please tell me what LPS would get different tonight if it was a USAC race ????/

6/28/12, 3:46 PM   #42
reeserx

Maybe they are running to race and have fun?

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, MWestfallfan54
6/28/12, 3:50 PM   #43
bmemmer

or maybe they race cuz they are racers!?!?!

3 members like this post: luckybuc97, Milly
6/28/12, 3:51 PM   #44
cshuman

I think you are not quite following what I'm saying, because believe me this comes up often... My "double edges sword" comment meant, I understand your point on the promotors side, but what I'm saying is the WoO drivers can make a comfortable living with the WoO only! USAC guys can't, (unless you are in very large budget team that pays a salary or all the winnings to the driver) so you say we shouldn't go run LPS tonight? And I get your thinking, but who is going to help pay our bills for the year or two that this standoff lasts? So what should happen first? The racers quit running liCal shows, promoters start going broke along with drivers, or USAC figures out a way to make it worth while for us to run with them exclusive?

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by cshuman; 6/28/12 at 3:53 PM.

6/28/12, 3:55 PM   #45
Avon Open Wheel fan

I figure the Indy 500 also pays a little better than tonight for Clauson. Its just nice to see that drivers are not all about the money. Cant say the same about most sports stars these days its all about who pays the most. There is no team loyalty.

1 member likes this post: mowerman
6/28/12, 3:59 PM   #46
racefan20

I think the point Shu is trying to make is that if there were enough USAC races to make a living doing just that(like the WoO) then they probably wouldnt go run for $1200, but they dont so they have to go make $ wherever they can.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: jim goerge, mowerman
6/28/12, 4:08 PM   #47
Rpracing1

All these guys can go run with the WOO if they choose.

1 member likes this post: ossuks
6/28/12, 4:10 PM   #48
Avon Open Wheel fan

Is anyone out at the track braving the heat yet? Just wondering how many cars are already there. I am waiting a little while to head over tonight since its so hot.

6/28/12, 4:19 PM   #49
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

I think that until USAC has a schedule like the outlaws and pays what they do, then drivers are going to race whenever and where ever they can to make money. WoO run any where from 10-15 times a month with most shows paying 10,000 to win 800 to start with a few 6,000 to win sprinkled in. USAC has a better product then WoO IMO and probably most others as well but they fail to market it and promote it properly. They could be just as big as the WoO if they actually tried to, but that would involve them actually working to better the series. I have yet to see them try to better anything, they already killed off the pavement sprints and seem to be trying hard to kill off silver crown as well. It seams like Randy Bernard promotes USAC more then they do.

2 members like this post: mowerman, spicoli
6/28/12, 4:20 PM   #50
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avon Open Wheel fan View Post
Is anyone out at the track braving the heat yet? Just wondering how many cars are already there. I am waiting a little while to head over tonight since its so hot.
Mowerman should probably be there,possibly working up a sweat trying to type out his speedway list!

I'm gonna be a typical late arriving Hoosier tonight,myself

1 member likes this post: Drtchsr
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-Thursday Night Sprints!