IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington RaceSaver
10/21/15, 8:42 PM   #41
Re: Bloomington RaceSaver
Bill May

Racesaver rules, car section, item #5 specifies wings & their specs. take the wings off & you are not RaceSaver legal, then you become just a 305 class, ask the northern Ohio Guys how expensive that's become.

I think Bloomington made a good decision going with the RaceSaver class, the stringent enforcement of the rules keeps the playing field level, very important to development of a new division.

The new 602 crate division developed by Larry Kemp to run at Plymouth in 2016 is also, winged with very stringent rules & inspections.

Maybe, some promoter, or others, will start a non-wing 305-602 class locally, there are some out east, I believe. Maybe even, some posters on this site will step up and offer their time and money to develop them. It could be a good thing. I like them both.

Bill May

4 members like this post: davidm, fish, TQ97, treecitytornado
10/21/15, 8:49 PM   #42
sp6967

racesaver, isn't that a oxymoron?

10/21/15, 9:34 PM   #43
Wallbanger

Living in wing country, my opinion is I hate the wings. We go to USAC shows if they come close to us and we've come to Indiana a few times just for the love of the non-wing sprinters. I questioned the Racesaver class with wings in Indiana. Don't they have enough wing races? Also, our microprint group runs both and without a doubt, the non-wing races are far and away the best shows!

10/21/15, 10:25 PM   #44
treecitytornado

Honestly I love Winged and Non-Winged! I love to watch both as a fan and drive both kinds of Sprint Cars too! It takes skill, nerve, and a good set-up to be fast at either one! I love the Racesaver class because you can run a motor for at least 3 seasons without a rebuild! That is running a 20 race season of course, which plenty of working class men can only do that many! That is what this class is for! A working class man!

4 members like this post: Bill May, fish, red22, trecraft
10/21/15, 11:00 PM   #45
Bradleyracing86

You will always have naysayers, most don't own a racecar.
We are excited to be contributing to this class.

9 members like this post: Bill May, DaveP63, davidm, fish, Fox.53, Joe Whisler, red22, sc17x, trecraft
10/21/15, 11:27 PM   #46
trecraft

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill May View Post
Racesaver rules, car section, item #5 specifies wings & their specs. take the wings off & you are not RaceSaver legal, then you become just a 305 class, ask the northern Ohio Guys how expensive that's become.

I think Bloomington made a good decision going with the RaceSaver class, the stringent enforcement of the rules keeps the playing field level, very important to development of a new division.

The new 602 crate division developed by Larry Kemp to run at Plymouth in 2016 is also, winged with very stringent rules & inspections.

Maybe, some promoter, or others, will start a non-wing 305-602 class locally, there are some out east, I believe. Maybe even, some posters on this site will step up and offer their time and money to develop them. It could be a good thing. I like them both.

Bill May
Don't ever think northern Ohio 305's were Racesaver. Remember several years ago a participant selling his USED 305 MOTOR at the Fremont Swap meet for $16,500. But now he probably wouldn't be an approved vendor. Bloomington made the right decision going with Racesaver and with wings because it is a beginner class. And if they can avoid the noid , they should do well.

10/21/15, 11:42 PM   #47
Bill May

tre; My post did not say northern Ohio 305's were RaceSaver, " a 305 class" big difference.

Bill May

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, fish
10/22/15, 1:26 PM   #48
Slider20

It is possible to have Racesaver Rules (excluding the wing rule) and run nonwing. Look at the Elite Series in Texas.

1 member likes this post: Stephen Cording
10/23/15, 4:16 AM   #49
Chief29

I'm planning on being at the meeting. Finished engine in time to run a non wing show (Brownstown FunFest). Class was ran very nicely for the first year and only track in Indiana that ran them full time. Would like to see more tracks step up run them on Saturdays like Chandler and Lawrenceburg. Looking forward to running with these guys and gals next season.

3 members like this post: bullringko, fish, LukeBland100
11/5/15, 6:49 PM   #50
Bloomington Speedway

Little over a week away from the Racesaver information meeting. Bloomington Speedway is putting schedule together now and looks like 14-16 races possible for 2016 for Ravesavers. How many returning and new drivers are there for 2016?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington RaceSaver