Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Outlaws @ Haubstadt
5/15/16, 1:45 AM   #31
treecitytornado

Ok, sorry.

5/15/16, 8:03 AM   #32
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rpracing1 View Post
Motörhead.....Started at 7:36 pm ended at 10:30 pm and you are upset.....geesh..... Good show tonite at the class track when others cancelled! 👍
not upset..but all they did was make the track 1 lane for the heats when it had just started to widen out. Yea it's a good show& I'll be back. I know there is nothing they ca do about it but I'd wager the bulk off there fans come from the EST zone so many got out at 11:30 after seeing just 1 feature. At least they ran the mods last when it was first announced they were gonna be first

5/15/16, 9:32 AM   #33
Re: Outlaws @ Haubstadt
ThePurple73

I've never seen a wing race at Haubstadt. Do they try to stick the cars at the bottom and mainly gain time in the turns? Seems it would be tricky changing lanes with all the traffic. I'm guessing the wing cars really dig up the dirt there.

5/15/16, 9:38 AM   #34
openwheelfan1

By my watch (cell phone) David Gravel rolled back in to the infield after clearing the scales at 9:51 CDT. The first WoO heat pushed at 7:41 CDT. While I agree that the heats were less than exciting, WoO heats rarely have much if any passing, especially with the new "straight up" format. If watching tractors roll around for 25 minutes and starting 10 minutes late is what it takes to have a sticky, smooth race track that produces a great feature, I'm all for it.

Knowing how much rain fell over Southern Indiana this past week, I am amazed at the condition of not only the track but the whole facility. Outstanding effort by the Tri-State Speedway staff to have it ready and in great shape!

6 members like this post: fish, luckybuc97, mc/rider, rclaridge, Rpracing1, SprintcarZF
5/15/16, 11:02 AM   #35
Hurryinhoosier

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I totally agree with that post. The heat races were not that exciting but you take that knowing that it will be hammer down come feature time and it was. Almost everyone closed up shop due to the weather and those that didnt may possibly think that they should have after the night was over.

TSS made the best of a Mother Natures decisions and to the average spectator you would have never knew they had to change the program.

Hats off to Tom and the whole team.

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, Rpracing1
5/15/16, 11:08 AM   #36
SPRINTCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfan View Post
Finish
Gravel
Bacon
Parker Price Miller
Wow! That's pretty good that two non regulars finish second and third. Nice job.

1 member likes this post: Rpracing1
5/15/16, 12:04 PM   #37
Dirtfan

Race Count This Year: 51
Race Count Last Year: 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmemmer View Post
Dan Bacon was coming. If it wasn't for lapped cars I think he would of got gravel
Blake I couldn't agree more!

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"

1 member likes this post: bmemmer
5/15/16, 2:30 PM   #38
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

How was the crowd? Did the cold weather affect it?

5/15/16, 2:31 PM   #39
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
How was the crowd? Did the cold weather affect it?
Packed house Ron as usual.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, ronmil
5/15/16, 11:05 PM   #40
open_wheel_outlaw

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 9

Thanks to TSS for putting on a great event and putting in all the extra effort that it took to make the event happen with all the wet grounds they had to contend with. Wish Brady could have gotten the W but Gravel had a he'll of a drive. Him versus Madsen in the Dash provided some exciting racing that doesn't normally happen to often in an Outlaws Dash, definitely a highlight of the evening.

3 members like this post: bmemmer, Dirtfan, fish
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Outlaws @ Haubstadt