IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
johnnythunderhead (Offline)
  #31 9/6/13 1:28 PM
sunday aft racing can be brutal at eldora, the track dries out and gets very slippery/ saw page jones get scrambled there on a sun aft (everyone who inherited the lead seemed to crash, along with others in the field)
  #32 9/6/13 1:36 PM
chubs, for shame/ midgets are generally the best part of the show, are you kidding!
rchick (Offline)
  #33 9/6/13 7:50 PM
I am a new member, joined about 6 weeks ago. I've been a big dirt fan for the last years, but my local tracks are oakshade and freemont so I've mainly followed latemodels and winged sprints. This year I really got hooked on non wings due to this board and a subscription to USAC TV. I hope o see my first no winged event at the 4 crown, Its relatively close and will give me a chance to see all 3 classes on Saturday. I am really excited, but some of these posts have got me discouraged. This site has helped me get excited about nonwings, but sometimes you are your own worst enemies with all the negativity. I am sure I will have a good time because I have nothing to compare it too. Just try to stay positive for the sake of us new fans (even if I'm not young).
15 Likes: 2fast4u, BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, Danny Burton, dirt330, fish, Jerry Spencer, jim goerge, Joey Woods, luckybuc97, mowerman, pat54, PAW, PIT CART, PJ Wright
  #34 9/6/13 8:15 PM
the negativity is more disipointment in terms of what is vs what was/ but it'll still be good, maybe great!
Tumey's 55 (Offline)
  #35 9/6/13 9:15 PM
Originally Posted by rchick:
I am a new member, joined about 6 weeks ago. I've been a big dirt fan for the last years, but my local tracks are oakshade and freemont so I've mainly followed latemodels and winged sprints. This year I really got hooked on non wings due to this board and a subscription to USAC TV. I hope o see my first no winged event at the 4 crown, Its relatively close and will give me a chance to see all 3 classes on Saturday. I am really excited, but some of these posts have got me discouraged. This site has helped me get excited about nonwings, but sometimes you are your own worst enemies with all the negativity. I am sure I will have a good time because I have nothing to compare it too. Just try to stay positive for the sake of us new fans (even if I'm not young).
It will be good and you will enjoy. I love this site but some folks are very particular about what they like. Reminds me of movie reviewers, they have seen so many movies that unless the movie is awesome they bad mouth it. The passion of everyone on this site is great but if you take everything you read too seriously there would be few races you would want to attend. There is something wrong with every event or should I say you can't please everyone.
3 Likes: Danny Burton, fish, jim goerge
dirt330 (Offline)
  #36 9/6/13 9:31 PM
Just go and enjoy the racing. No matter what the car count is the 4 Crown always has great racing. Try and meet as many IOW members as possible .
Jbaldwin (Offline)
  #37 9/6/13 10:56 PM
The four crown is a awesome event. Go you will love it. Don't let this site discourage you from going to ANY race. Some people here would complain about ice cream being too cold at the concession stand.
5 Likes: cowboyhar69, fish, jim goerge, PJ Wright, racefan20
thebus79h (Offline)
  #38 9/6/13 11:32 PM
Some of the bafoons on this board could go see the best race ever, get out early, and pay nothing to get in and find something to complain about.

4-crown is a great event. One that is always circled on my calendar. Go to the race and you'll have a blast
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, fish, jim goerge, PJ Wright
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #39 9/7/13 5:52 AM
Originally Posted by PIT CART:
I hate to say this but I love the new format. I enjoy watching the outlaws on Friday night and USAC on Saturday . JMO
same here, it allows me to go to lernerville Saturday nite!
Hotshoe65s (Offline)
  #40 9/7/13 9:31 AM
Bringing back the mods would almost guarantee that nobody ever sweeps all 4 again. I don't doubt the driving ability of the usac drivers, but you are not going to get in a mod and go out and beat the actual mod drivers now days. They arent going to go out and beat Kramer, Babcock and Bowersock on their own turf in their own class. Not to mention it would be hard to find quality rides. I say bring them on as a support class Saturday and pay them a couple thousand to win. But don't include them in the "four" crown.