IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off-Road at Eldora
5/9/13, 6:05 PM   #31
Re: Off-Road at Eldora
Sprintcarfanatic

Isn't that what the billboards are for, Extra money ??How much has the All Stars been there in the last few years, People on here are even saying that Usac has been cut back, Why, Because of Monster trucks, Tractor pulls. I used to go down 10 to 12 times a year, I'm sure he's not missing my money. My brother said as we were walking in Saturday night that he would give me his extra ticket for the NASTRUCKS I told him to get someone else to go I'm not interested. They had to make the blocks (terrace) singular.
Besides the man in the original post ask what people thought, I give mine.

5/9/13, 7:36 PM   #32
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprintcarfanatic View Post
Isn't that what the billboards are for, Extra money ??How much has the All Stars been there in the last few years, People on here are even saying that Usac has been cut back, Why, Because of Monster trucks, Tractor pulls. I used to go down 10 to 12 times a year, I'm sure he's not missing my money. My brother said as we were walking in Saturday night that he would give me his extra ticket for the NASTRUCKS I told him to get someone else to go I'm not interested. They had to make the blocks (terrace) singular.
Besides the man in the original post ask what people thought, I give mine.
The all stars were running there less even before Earl left. It was many years ago when they quit running the speedweek finale. With the costs today it hard to find any group that wants to run more big fast half miles. Even then for most part your not bringing in too many new faces.

5/9/13, 7:55 PM   #33
racephoto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
The all stars were running there less even before Earl left. It was many years ago when they quit running the speedweek finale. With the costs today it hard to find any group that wants to run more big fast half miles. Even then for most part your not bringing in too many new faces.
Exactly why the Hut Hundred isn't in Terre Haute, much less Indiana anymore.Big half miles.

5/9/13, 9:05 PM   #34
Sprintcarfanatic

I know Brent, They had 1 race last year & none for what 2 yrs. But they still did have the 3 or 4 races in a years time before that. Maybe there was something between All Star owner & racetrack owner I don't know. What about the AMA, I heard that brought in a few folks. What I was saying goes for right here in Lima at the fairgrounds. Next weekend is the big 4 wheel drive jamboree May 17, 18 & 19th. They leave the haulers at the Fairgrounds so if ya want to see them ya have to pay. I might be in town but it will be on the other side Friday & I'll drive by it on Saturday. Never went to the AMA races here either. Just not my thing.

5/10/13, 10:47 AM   #35
chrismattlin

This is on USAC- you know, the same people who INSISTED there not be a fan website named usacfans.com!

Who in their right mind begins a new business venture when the business they are already involved in is floundering? Oh, we've ruined pavement sprintcar racing- scrap it. Oh, NASCAR and ISC are waving money in our faces- let's alienate the car owners of our "premiere division". This is akin to a restaurant owner opening a 2nd location when no one shows up at the original.

To those who say Eldora is an entertainment venue and needs to put asses in the seats, I say, "I have an ass!"; and I used to put it in a seat 6-8 times a year. However, my money, apparently, is not wanted anymore as the grand majority of the races I once attended have dropped off the schedule!

The name USAC implies that it is a club, not a company, and thus, the members of said club are in control, right? I think it's time to get the house in order. Better yet, start a club who's focus is short-track open-wheel racing.

Sincerely,
Chris Mattlin

P.S. Some things that would've been hilarious 15 years ago:
1) Go-karts race at Eldora
2) USAC promotes "Off-road" racing
3) Eldora installs "jumps" on straightaways for racing
4) Eldora schedules USAC "Off-road" race
5) USAC & Eldora promote a 4-Crown with 3 divisions
(or 5, depending on how you look at it.)

2 members like this post: mowerman, Sprintcarfanatic
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Off-Road at Eldora