Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danica patrick
2/18/13, 5:43 PM   #31
Re: Danica patrick
REH24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Amy,

Unfortunately, the vast majority of professional athletes and entertainers provide very little that I would want my grandkids to look up to as true role models. We have young men and women laying their lifes on the line everyday in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, police, firemen, EMT's, teachers, etc... that deserve so much more than they receive. These to me, are the true heros and role models of our time. They don't have to be half naked for me to look up to them for what they do for all of us.
Well said Mike, I agree with you 100% as I think of the role models I had growing up compare to the ones now days that my grandkids have. It is a shame but that is the way life is now.

REH

“Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.”

2 members like this post: JackSam40, Mud Packer
2/18/13, 7:49 PM   #32
billyb

You are NASTY!

2/18/13, 7:57 PM   #33
Brewer 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
If we don't attend or watch, she has no sport.
Sure she does. Keep your hundred bucks in your pocket, she won't miss it. It is apparent there are plenty of people that will go watch her, you will not be missed. I would venture to say if you and every friend you have or will ever have do not attend a race she is in, there will still be a huge crowd there to watch her and everyone else.

1 member likes this post: TQ29m
2/18/13, 8:09 PM   #34
addictedtodirt

Qualifying well does not make you a champion, or even a winner. This qualifying effort is but a step towards something bigger/greater.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/18/13, 11:32 PM   #35
kidrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetmaniac View Post
I like Danica & believe she has talent. Why doesn't she come out and say something like "all this attention should not be placed on me ,it should be placed on Brad K. or some of the more accomplished drivers in Nascar" Why do you put this board down by saying she could out run 80/90% here. Some the greatest open wheel drivers could be on here behind these screen names just wishing they had the oppertunity that has been given to her.

Your right I apologize to any driver that might be on this board because my comment was not meant for any of you guys or gals because I'm sure you would jump at the chance to do what Danica just did give the opportunity.

1 member likes this post: sprintracer82
2/18/13, 11:38 PM   #36
THS

How many of us fans were there, and heard her say it wasnt her fault when they were having a hard time putting the car in the field for the 500? That team works their butt off for u and you bash them at one of the largest venues possible?!?!? That is the day I lost respect for her, as I would have for any other driver (male or female)!!
Last edited by THS; 2/18/13 at 11:42 PM.

1 member likes this post: Bostonian
2/18/13, 11:58 PM   #37
FALCONEDDIE

It's working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Channel 9 (Orlando) said tonight that ticket sales has picked up since she got the pole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
?????????????????????????????????????

2/19/13, 12:55 AM   #38
terrehautian

If she wrecks and takes out the whole field on lap 1, does she win it?

2/19/13, 1:03 AM   #39
dirtfan07

I'm not a fan of Danica, but all hype and nothing to back it up? Sounds just like dale jr too, butndon't seem to hear anyone knocking him for somehow being the poster boy of NASCAR having done nothing to back it up

Posted via Mobile Device

5 members like this post: Mud Packer, SHORTBUS, speed bump, spicoli
2/19/13, 9:27 AM   #40
backitin

As long as theres beer there will be nascar.
I'm one of the few that believes everything blows but nonwing sprinters.
That being said she would wupp you and me around daytona.
I dont really care but I'll watch some, probley to see how she races.
So shes doing her PR job by pulling me in to watch something incredibly boring.

1 member likes this post: DAD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Danica patrick