IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: Which payout would you want?
A 17 39.53%
B 26 60.47%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mini Sprint Payout POLL
2/14/13, 5:42 PM   #31
Re: Mini Sprint Payout POLL
DAD

More money for cars back in the field?????

How do we do that?????

Promote and advertise the class.

1. Have fans ask for us to race.

2. Park an unused race car at the front gate to the grandstands with a photographer and bulls!tter.

3. Allow kids and sometimes even adults get in for pictures.

4. If they don't have a camera get their names and e mail addresses and offer to send them a copy.

5. Get some hot shoes in the stands and offer to sign autographs.

6. Throw out some T shirts and other items.

7. Get the fans on your mailing list.

8. Make the promoters of the tracks want you back as a money maker instead as a cheap filler class.

9.Get the announcers on our side. Have them talk up how fast we really are, and how affordable we are when compared with other cars that may be much slower than us. Heck let him take one for a spin, that should do it. They wont be lying.

10. Add some pazzaz maybe some nick names and I love rivalries.

11. The more we have to offer the larger the demand for our racing the more we can ask to put on a show, and that is still what we are doing, putting on a show. If we can draw the crowd the promoter can afford to pay us more. Get out of the back gate mentality and work on a cut of the front gate that is where the money should really be.

If you want more money Do it the old fashion "American Way" get off your dead ass and work for it and don't wait for somebody to just hand it to you and cry because it isn't enough.

Do you really know why our purse is dictated on the number of cars signing in?? any the payback drops off so fast.

THINK ABOUT IT$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/14/13 at 6:50 PM.

1 member likes this post: cmiracingvids
2/14/13, 5:58 PM   #32
cwhipple
Inactive Member

I like your thinking dad. At 35 raceway minis were the premier class in the late 90s. They ran 250s and 600s. It was a smaller facility acreage wise and the fans knew the drivers and vice versa. At one point there was a bounty offered by the track owner to beat the 44w. To win the bounty a driver had to start behind him, pass him an he had to finish the race. Family called me the flash and a few called me a flash in the pan. Those were good times and everyone had a blast. We had a garage built ERC clone with a 637 F-3 running hilborne mechanical injection. And the car was always hooked to the track! The mechanical had 0 wires back then and we weren't smart enough to adjust it! Clean the nozzles out weekly and go. If I remember correctly everyone was cheating. Lol.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: DAD
2/14/13, 6:08 PM   #33
DAD

Sure used to be hard to find a seat in the grand stand back then, we used to make the big shows, when Tony would have his big National's.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: slidewayz28
2/14/13, 6:13 PM   #34
cwhipple
Inactive Member

The original track or current track?

Posted via Mobile Device

2/14/13, 6:20 PM   #35
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhipple View Post
the original track or current track?

posted via mobile device
The first track we raced the little yellow 69 Beast car and the yellow 96 Stealth.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/14/13 at 6:23 PM.

2/14/13, 6:27 PM   #36
cwhipple
Inactive Member

We probably raced each other. We ran there between 91 and 98. Always 44w. The big races were always a blast. The damn pa posse always kicked our butts in the 250 class those nights.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/14/13, 6:30 PM   #37
DAD

Quote:
We probably raced each other. We ran there between 91 and 98. Always 44w. The big races were always a blast. The damn pa posse always kicked our butts in the 250 class those nights.

Posted via Mobile Device
First time I ever saw a car pick the right front wheel! was the old 250's at 35.

Honest Dad himself

2/14/13, 6:37 PM   #38
cwhipple
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
First time I ever saw a car pick the right front wheel! was the old 250's at 35.

Honest Dad himself
You will like this I you liked 35.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_S1XsobOA. I've been converting my VHS to DVD slowly.

Posted via Mobile Device

2/14/13, 6:39 PM   #39
cwhipple
Inactive Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc_S1XsobOA

Posted via Mobile Device

2/14/13, 6:58 PM   #40
DAD

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device
The last time we raced there was the Gettlefinger memorial. Got their way late went out and hot lapped with sidewinders had fast time for the group then they figured out we was an upright and caught all kinds of hell.

Seems to me a 44 won that deal. I think it was powered by an old Kaw.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/14/13 at 6:59 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mini Sprint Payout POLL