IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA non wing, double nighter
8/28/12, 11:01 AM   #31
Re: MMSA non wing, double nighter
Phylo82

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshot3448 View Post
it looks like this storm is going to screw it all up anyways
Yeah, not looking good is it.....but hard to complain about getting rain. We need it badly.
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

8/28/12, 11:28 AM   #32
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckshot3448 View Post
it looks like this storm is going to screw it all up anyways
That should keep the dust down. The track was as smooth and dust free as I have ever seen it last Sat night. The way to fix the dirt track problem is easy "PAVE IT", I just love pavement racing.

Honest Dad himself

8/29/12, 9:02 AM   #33
Bradleyracing86

Looks like rain, may try to go to Montpelier if they run... Take that 60 pounds of weight off of old blue!

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: BrianBSU23
8/29/12, 6:14 PM   #34
backitin

Theres a way around it to make the 1200 engines legal everywhere, since they're boat anchors anyhow. Just have a 1000cc stock liquid cooled or a 1200cc air/oilcooled limit. I have one of the poor boat anchor powered cars, funny thing is it's faster than any new stock 1000. Reliable like sledge hammer also. hmmmm dumb luck I guess. As for running a slightly oversize 1000, I wouldnt let it stop me from racing a stock 1000 race.

1 member likes this post: DAD
8/29/12, 7:04 PM   #35
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by backitin View Post
Theres a way around it to make the 1200 engines legal everywhere, since they're boat anchors anyhow. Just have a 1000cc stock liquid cooled or a 1200cc air/oilcooled limit. I have one of the poor boat anchor powered cars, funny thing is it's faster than any new stock 1000. Reliable like sledge hammer also. hmmmm dumb luck I guess. As for running a slightly oversize 1000, I wouldnt let it stop me from racing a stock 1000 race.
Bob

I would love to run with you, if I can find another 1000cc motor and enough money to buy it. We got this fun fest thing coming up in October for 2 days. We need to find a way to get you down here to at least visit a while. If you are not too big a guy I might even have a 600 car I could loan you.

Honest Dad himself

8/29/12, 9:40 PM   #36
awnunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer22r View Post
To be honest with you twin cities isnt worth going to it gets way to dust and the track personel will try to fight you before anyone else.

LMAO, bout the most ludicrus statement yet.

3 members like this post: DAD, Mike M 67, TQ29m
8/29/12, 10:37 PM   #37
Jrp4554

Quote:
Originally Posted by awnunn View Post
LMAO, bout the most ludicrus statement yet.
It wouldn't have been that funny if you had been to the amsa race and seen first hand what went on. Both things happened.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: minisprint
8/30/12, 7:40 AM   #38
awnunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrp4554 View Post
It wouldn't have been that funny if you had been to the amsa race and seen first hand what went on. Both things happened.

Posted via Mobile Device
I happen to work there in the line up chute. The only verbal confrontation I have been in is with one driver that got there late an didnt run his heat so I had to tell him he couldnt run the feature. He copt an attitude so I did also an as I was explaining what Mason told me to tell him he used some words I wont put on here an started to walk off an I tapped him on his arm an said dont cuss me an then walk off.

8/30/12, 10:50 AM   #39
racer22r

When i was there i was in the lineup shoot and realized i forgot to tighten something on my race car and there was an on track incident that came off the track and back into the pits and the big tall guy that stands at the track entrance most of the time goes running back there and jumps right in the fight, I saw my chance to go grab some tools to tighten the bolt and when i went running back to my car with two wrenches in my hand and my full driving suit includding helmet and arm restraints trying to stay out of the path of the fight here comes that big tall hillbilly dude and gets in my face and says "did you flip me off" i said no i have these tools and im going to fix my car in the lineup shoot, He replied back "no i saw you and you flipped me off" I replied back to him no i didnt i am just trying to fix my car before we run the feature, At this point he has pi**ed me off But im a buck 30 and he is at least a buck 90 or bigger and about a foot and a half taller than me. I just try to ignore him and go around him and he is acting like he wants to kill me because supposedly i flipped him off, which i didnt at all and i dont belive i flipped anyone off that night. I bet he beats little kids up for flipping him off all the time. Im not posting BS here it happened and it happened to me personally.

8/30/12, 11:18 AM   #40
tq11

I am gonna try and make it Sunday. This will be my first time out this year with the mmsa. I am looking forward to it. What time does everything Start?

Brandon Gray

2 members like this post: DAD, Mike M 67
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MMSA non wing, double nighter