IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT: NASCAR prayer. Smoking hot wife
7/27/11, 6:50 PM   #31
Re: OT: NASCAR prayer. Smoking hot wife
Rpracing1

Hello Moderators.....Off Track Forum???

7/27/11, 11:52 PM   #32
pphoto

It's time to speak up for my Lord & Savior. Our prayers as Chaplains at the racetracks are not intended to be shoving religion down anyone's throat, but to me this is a reminder of how dangerous this sport really is. As a Chaplain for Racers for Christ, I have prayer at the end of the driver's meetings. The drivers are invited to stay if they so desire; and to my delight, almost all of them stay. They know the danger of their sport, and very few walk away from this time of prayer. To listen to prayers before races on the PA system is strictly voluntary on the part of the spectators. The night that Kody Swanson was hurt at Tri-State Speedway was my first night as Chaplain at a racing event. As the fans went home, we (I and another Chaplain) went to the hospital. Kody was very happy to have the prayers and support of family & friends, and we've seen answers to prayer. Believe it or not, it's a fact...prayer makes a difference.

Sincerely,
Phillip L. Hedrick, Chaplain

7 members like this post: illinisprintfan, mikeham73, PJ Wright, R A K, REH24, SCOTT M, TQ29m
7/28/11, 5:30 AM   #33
LocalYokel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Somehow I had a feeling this wasn't going to have a happy ending! Bob!
I believe that the majority of us being adults, we can have a conversation about controversial topics without it getting out of hand. We should respect one anothers view points.
However, if the mods feel the need to move or delete this thread, the I stand behind that decision and respect it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by LocalYokel; 7/28/11 at 5:35 AM.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Stagger
7/28/11, 7:06 AM   #34
Ovalmeister

I agree with Carl Edwards, I want this guy at my funeral...lol
So the guy has a sense of humor....God gave it to him I suppose. So take it up with God.
(disclaimer: I respect everyone's opinion and do not think anyone here is an idiot, much love).
David.

1 member likes this post: R A K
7/28/11, 11:30 PM   #35
captrat

I do not attend secular events such as races, ballgames, movies, etc. to be subjected to someone else's religious dogma. Religious belief or non-belief are personal matters best kept in the homes, churches, synagogues, or yes mosques. I will defend anyone's right to their beliefs, but the idea that any one religious philosophy covers all humanity is shortsighted. The real culprit here is NASCAR or the track for using religion as a marketing tool. Nuff said, now back to racin'.

1 member likes this post: bandres21
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > OT: NASCAR prayer. Smoking hot wife