IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hut Hundred
5/10/11, 4:09 PM   #31
Re: Hut Hundred
Clydesdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Sure, POWRI's not going to be involved in this race. But, they also haven't scheduled a race against it, either. At least they haven't yet. Racers need to get paid, so I think a good number of the POWRI drivers will make their way over there. With 33 making the feature, this race offers the opportunity for most, if not all who show up to go home with a check.

Jerry
Wouldn't the rule difference now between the series' require the POWRI guys to put a rev limit on their motors? I don't know how it works but it's definatly something they'd have to do. Would those guys want to go do that just for one race? Because as of now there are no other co-sanctioned races between USAC and POWRI. I know USAC had over 35 cars out at Dodge City, but it looked like they picked up a lot of cars from out in that region. I can't see all of them coming over here for one midget race.

5/10/11, 4:25 PM   #32
deannalynn

I was just doing a little homework and realized that this race has managed to survive 58 years without POWRi. Somehow, I bet everything's gonna be ok for Tri-State Speedway and all the fans. I had never heard of POWRi until a week ago. They are quite the marketing force, but they are not USAC.

1 member likes this post: buck2
5/10/11, 8:16 PM   #33
Sawdust101

Pole day at Indy is allot better now. There are cars on the track all the time. With only 2 days to qualify you got to be on your game. Day one 24 cars make the field and are locked in. Day 2 the last 9 cars and then bumping starts. You want to make the first day to get into the field of 33. So right now it's Indy unless they work something out and we know for sure a good field of midgets will show up. If not there is always Midget Week!

5/10/11, 9:15 PM   #34
racefan20

Why are you guys abusing people because their choice of races dont live up to your expectations? At least they are going SOMEWHERE! In some cases to more than one. You have 3 sprint car races and the Hut running that night, I hope they all do well.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: agar, buck2, Mud Packer
5/10/11, 9:42 PM   #35
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdust101 View Post
Pole day at Indy is allot better now. There are cars on the track all the time. With only 2 days to qualify you got to be on your game. Day one 24 cars make the field and are locked in. Day 2 the last 9 cars and then bumping starts. You want to make the first day to get into the field of 33. So right now it's Indy unless they work something out and we know for sure a good field of midgets will show up. If not there is always Midget Week!
Putnamville Sprints and UMRA TQs in Montpelier that same night.

5/10/11, 10:24 PM   #36
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Saturday May 21st is one of those great days that the fans can pick any number of racing events. I personally hope that where ever you decide to go, that you enjoy the program.

Your choices include: Pole Day at IMS, regular shows including sprint cars at Waynesfield, Putnamville, Paragon. KISS at Lawrenceburg and HOSS at Angola. Also UMRA midgets at Montpelier and the Hut Hundred at Tri State.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
5/11/11, 11:48 AM   #37
Sawdust101

Any day/night at the track is a good time. See ya somewhere out there.

5/11/11, 1:49 PM   #38
rclaridge

you don't need 40+ cars to have a good race!I think sometimes people get to caught up in car counts.A few years ago Clayton & Stanbrough put on one hell of a race,does anyone remember or care now many cars were there that night?

2 members like this post: jim goerge, racefan20
5/11/11, 1:57 PM   #39
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by rclaridge View Post
you don't need 40+ cars to have a good race!I think sometimes people get to caught up in car counts.A few years ago Clayton & Stanbrough put on one hell of a race,does anyone remember or care now many cars were there that night?
I think 14 cars showed up at Kokomo one Sunday late last season and it ended up being one of the best races of the year, plus I was back to Indy before dark.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Mud Packer, rclaridge
5/11/11, 3:40 PM   #40
AB Racing

Your right rclaridge I do remember that race very well and don't really care how many cars were there. I hope everyone gets to see the race they want to go see and I hope they are ones to remember. I'll be at the hut 100.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hut Hundred