IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cole Whitt 2010?
1/27/10, 11:36 AM   #31
Re: Cole Whitt 2010?
captrat

No question that USAC lost its title as a destination when it was no longer associated with Indy. NASCAR is simply a marketing monster whose races have an appeal via TV. Lots of so-called fans have never attended a live race. I also remember when many USAC guys back in the day were anxious to leave sprinters for the "next level". Perhaps and maybe it is a good thing our kind of racing will never be the so-called "big leagues" if NASCAR, F1, and yes WoO are examples. What would be great would be if USAC had a philosophy which in fact caused its competitors to at least want to stay with them. In short, better payout, etc. which would be incorporated by combining incentives to compete in all 3 divisions. Lastly, I would someone would remind NASCAR it is not a sport, but a subdivision of the sport of auto racing! 82 degrees here in St. Martin where the girls are so poor they can only afford the bottom of their bikinis!

3 members like this post: buck2, duel, SUPERDUKE
1/27/10, 8:23 PM   #32
AustinSprinter

Race Count This Year: (22)
Race Count Last Year: (29)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
I'm not knocking him at all. I think he is a very talented kid and a heck of a racer. I just can't believe that USAC has sunk to the point where it is considered a "feeder series" for anything. It was once "The Destination".
Time n' things change all the time!!........

2/3/10, 5:48 PM   #33
Hubie

Wasn't CART buried and the IRL born so these openwheel guys could move up and move the bad Brazillionaires out of American Open Wheel.

Does he know how to rope a calf?

Good Luck Cole, dude stands on the gas

2/3/10, 6:04 PM   #34
nowings4me

Well, I certainly wish Cole the best of luck in whatever he decides to do. I will surely miss seeing him backing a sprint car into turn one, but I don't blame him for what he is doing. Like they say, "gotta make hay while the sun shines". He has talent for sure, and a great personality to boot. Red Bull would be nuts to let him get away. If they didn't offer him something in this direction, someone else surely would.

2/3/10, 8:58 PM   #35
darnall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubie View Post
Wasn't CART buried and the IRL born so these openwheel guys could move up and move the bad Brazillionaires out of American Open Wheel.

Does he know how to rope a calf?

Good Luck Cole, dude stands on the gas

BRAZILLIONAIRES???? Nice Word....So true! Thanks for the laugh. (I find it much more healthy to laugh when actually I am crying inside)

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Cole Whitt 2010?