IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi National Midgets Open In FL. in 2018
10/29/17, 3:04 PM   #31
Re: POWRi National Midgets Open In FL. in 2018
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis View Post
After talking with the track owner today we will not be paying $10,000.00 to win as we had plan to do in Feb. 2018. In fact we even spoke of canceling the Gator"DIRT"Nationals for 2018 because of this...Our date was published back in August. It is what it is and the fact we where going........nuff said....Thanks to all that has supported this event the last 6 years. Will keep everyone informed if we have or we cancel in the next couple weeks so you the racer can make the proper changes to your schedule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
One of these days I hope you get some good luck. You do a lot of work.
I second that.

1 member likes this post: Cobra 14
10/30/17, 7:42 PM   #32
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

After a long phone discussion with track owner at Screvens/Gamecock Speed Complex we have both agreed to cancel our portions of the Winter Freeze 2018 Feb. 8-9-10. Again thanks to all that has supported the Gator"DIRT"Nationals in the past. I have tried to find another track to hold the event at and have been unsuccessful at this point. I am now working/looking for a possible March date outside of the states of Ga./Fl.. It is very had to get the kind of meaningful dollars that this event deserves, but I promise each of you this ....I WILL GO DOWN SWINGING WITH MY BOOTS ON!!!

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

10/31/17, 7:33 AM   #33
Aces&Eights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Davis View Post
After a long phone discussion with track owner at Screvens/Gamecock Speed Complex we have both agreed to cancel our portions of the Winter Freeze 2018 Feb. 8-9-10. Again thanks to all that has supported the Gator"DIRT"Nationals in the past. I have tried to find another track to hold the event at and have been unsuccessful at this point. I am now working/looking for a possible March date outside of the states of Ga./Fl.. It is very had to get the kind of meaningful dollars that this event deserves, but I promise each of you this ....I WILL GO DOWN SWINGING WITH MY BOOTS ON!!!
Sad to hear this, but understand.

10/31/17, 1:29 PM   #34
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by markmckeon View Post
One might also wish to consider this pregnant sentence from USAC's September 5 press release, which announced the Sprint Car schedule at Bubba's: "Additionally, further USAC dates in Florida during February 2018 are under discussion."
One thing I just noticed is that both East Bay and Volusia have their respective 2018 Winternationals and DirtCar Nationals schedules posted. Have for awhile. But if you go to Bubba's website, the schedule is "coming soon".

This could still get more interesting.

Or maybe I am just hoping to make something out of nothing as the season ends?

10/31/17, 3:27 PM   #35
Aces&Eights

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
One thing I just noticed is that both East Bay and Volusia have their respective 2018 Winternationals and DirtCar Nationals schedules posted. Have for awhile. But if you go to Bubba's website, the schedule is "coming soon".

I think I'll hope right along with you. Stay Tuned....

10/31/17, 10:45 PM   #36
PushEm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post

Both of those schedules are made up over a year in advance. Some of the officials and safety team from the Dirt Car Nationals work the big track at Daytona for speed week so their schedule is always tailored around them.

Also I would second POWRI team up USAC for their show since 4 of us that work Volusia have to stay to work the USAC show so they would have quality help and safety for the race. Wish them the best and if they team up then I could see it as well.

1 member likes this post: i love dirt track racing
11/17/17, 10:04 AM   #37
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by PushEm View Post
Both of those schedules are made up over a year in advance. Some of the officials and safety team from the Dirt Car Nationals work the big track at Daytona for speed week so their schedule is always tailored around them.

Also I would second POWRI team up USAC for their show since 4 of us that work Volusia have to stay to work the USAC show so they would have quality help and safety for the race. Wish them the best and if they team up then I could see it as well.
Bubba Raceway Park has released their 2018 Winternationals schedule.

Feb 1-2-3: All Star Sprints
Feb 9-10: POWRi Midgets
Feb 11: Lucas Oil Late Models
Feb 15-16-17: USAC Sprints

http://bubbaracewaypark.com/winternationals/

Now, according the THIS article, which I was lead to via TJ's always superb website, USCS Sprints will be on tap with POWRi both night. It will not be USAC. So that ends the wondering about who will pair up on the card with POWRi on the same two nights WoO is at Volusia:

https://twitter.com/FL_Open_Wheel/st...94804704399361

2 members like this post: addictedtodirt, mc/rider
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > POWRi National Midgets Open In FL. in 2018