IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The best low income racer
10/7/08, 3:54 PM   #31
Re: The best low income racer
Knoke77

I've been the low buck racer and I've driven for the low buck racer and to me any family run or owned team deserves recognition not just one team in particular. It's all of the low buck racers combined that keep these tracks alive and well and to them I say THANK YOU!!

When you look at teams present and past that in my opinion represent or represented the sport to the best of their ability and helped bring it to where it is today you can't leave out names like the Beseckers, Moffatt's, Hurst Brothers, Law Brothers, Steve Wilmot and his family (This is a team that has the BARE essentials but races their hearts out every week), and my nephew Logan Hupp. As I mentioned before these guys work out of the trailer and salvage tires from USAC teams when they can. But man is it worth it!

These teams are literally the backbone of Hoosier Sprintcar racing and deserve much more credit then many of us give them!!

Interesting topic and many good suggestions of teams.

10/7/08, 5:22 PM   #32
fridaynightracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
You tell me:
MSCS FALL NATIONALS LAWERENCEBURG FEATURE

FEATURE
1- 81 Robert Ballou
2- 7R Jon Stanbrough
3- 2B Dave Darland
4- 92 Daron Clayton
5- 5J Joss Moffatt
6- 11W Ricky Williams, Jr.
7- 17 Chris Windom
8- 71 Damion Gardner
9- 21s Jeff Bland, Jr.
10- 1 JJ Yeley
No offense here but almost if not all of these people have rides or their dads have a fat wallet. I was thinking more along the lines as AJ a racer that if he wrecks a car hes prolly done for the year. MY hand still goes out to tusing he ran the same tires every race the only time he got a newer tire was when we went to the USAC and WoO at tristate speedway and those guys gave them to us.
So instead of saying people like brady short or jef bland jr or jon stanborough and people that wreck a car then are back the next week lets look at the people that have to conserve their cars for a whole season.

10/7/08, 5:26 PM   #33
Sprinter56

AJ ANDERSON, hands down a true low bucker who is always there at the end of every night.

10/7/08, 6:57 PM   #34
MWestfallfan54

easily matt westfall, he's a gasser

10/7/08, 7:48 PM   #35
AERO410SCJA

Race Count This Year: 24

The Smith boys:checkered:

10/7/08, 8:06 PM   #36
dirtywhiteboy

Any driver with the last name Camfield. Really great group of people.

Also Rich Corson and Corson/Savage Racing. They may not have Guess money but I'll take Corson/Savage racing over them any day of the week.

I completely forgot. Even though he doesn't race the car, Ron Hemelgarn is a complete class act and is definately a low income racer when you look at his Indy 500 team.
Last edited by dirtywhiteboy; 10/7/08 at 8:45 PM.

10/7/08, 8:24 PM   #37
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

I myself am very proud of the low buck teams racing in all classes. There are different scenarios with each team, whether they have money or not each person has a love for the sport. When i raced, it was'nt about the money, it was about doing what we all love to do. The Wilmonts support our track each week and we appreciate what they do, The Stevens do the same, also the Becks, which they have recently fallen out of racing and are missed. Weber racing shows up week in and week out busting his hind to put on a great show for the fans also.
The list goes on and on. I help these guys out with free tires from American Racer.
I try to help them out as much as i can, but i know its not much and wish i could do more. I've been there and done that for all of my life in a different form of racing, but its really all the same......spend every dime you got and get little or nothing in return. But in reality you get alot in return, you meet alot of very nice people, and make alot of friends. In most cases you get to spend time with the family at the track.
So in closing without the so called low income racers, there would be no racing.
Thanks to all the racers!!

10/7/08, 8:37 PM   #38
TQ29m

Some people call them "fillers", some call them "backmarkers", but on any given night, anyone can be one of the above. The "low budget" racers have a lot of fans, and not many sponsors, but without the "low budget racers", how many seats would be occupied in the stands, and how long would it be, until the "well funded" teams, would have to hunt a place to race, because there wouldn't be very many, only a few a season, just for a "get together". The "low budget racers" are the ones who are the backbone of racing, at any level, and without them, racing wouldn't be "racing"! Bob

10/7/08, 8:53 PM   #39
Great Scott

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 63

How about Jon Sciscoe and Josh Cunningham.

10/7/08, 9:07 PM   #40
ClaytonYeley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Hud Cone
That would be my pick, Hud has made about every race and had lots of top five finishes.:thumb

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > The best low income racer