IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
The Old Coyote (Offline)
  #31 6/25/15 9:11 AM
I am glad they scheduled and ran the race and I hope they continue to run the sprints on Wednesdays. I just wish they could do something about all the dust.

Real Race Cars Don't Have Fenders!
Ed
racer-x (Offline)
  #32 6/25/15 9:51 AM
Watching Thomas run that cushion lap after lap made it worth all the money I spent last night. Anyone notice him smoking the rear tires going into turn 3? It was a little dusty but much improved over last year. The food was great and the crowd was good considering the threat of rain and dark clouds. Sure is nice on a Wednesday night to keep the show moving like they did last night.
5 Likes: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, nathans1012, racing2bwithu2, scottyCbus
plymouthfan (Offline)
  #33 6/25/15 1:04 PM
I believe that they were watching the weather like everyone was and was thinking it may rain. I would not want to be the person in charge of prep cause you can never do it right for everybody. I was a good show and the place puts on great racing 3 wide!
5 Likes: i love dirt track racing, Justigit, mowerman, racegal, racing2bwithu2
EBookerFan (Offline)
  #34 6/26/15 1:39 AM
Good show! I noted in my stroll thru the pits that you had a hugh difference in transporters. The haulers for 17 and 5 would equal any that were used in Indy Racing or NASCAR to an open trailer for 1 race car. It was neat to see that team arrive and leave the track. Just like the old days of my youth back in the 40's.
R A K (Offline)
  #35 6/26/15 12:28 PM
Terrific to see another track running sprint cars; the place has a ton of potential.
My concern is the race track exit. Something must be done to accomodate sprint cars. You simply can not expect a car to turn sharply right, against stagger, and thread the needle through the opening to immediately have to turn sharp right again going downhill on loose gravel.
Two years ago, I informed the young gate attendant that the scenario I was witnessing was not going to work; the young man told me to leave the area immediately and that he had it under control. Two minutes later I got to watch a sprint car plow this guy over; throwing him several feet through the air. This car continued down the hill and carreened into a sprint car that was staged to go out for the next race, damaging the staged car to the point of frame damage and done for the night. Had anyone been standing next to that staged car, there would have been more than just the gate attendant being injured. It was ugly.
Since then, the track has "redesigned" the race track exit. They have placed those omnimous concrete blocks to extend on the one side of the exit opening. Nothing else has changed in regard to exiting the race track. This past Wednesday, a car negotiated the opening, attempted to turn sharp right a second time while traveling downhill on loose gravel, and narrowly missed going in to someone's pit. Earlier in the evening, I had "strongly" advised a team not to stage in the area as described before. They thanked me and heeded my advise. This was the same car that nearly didn't make the second turn.
Something has to be done regarding race track exiting if sprint cars are going to compete at Plymouth Speedway. Before an unnecessary event occurs ... again.
2 Likes: i love dirt track racing, nathans1012