IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
hupp#9 (Offline)
  #31 4/25/14 8:44 AM
Originally Posted by dustbowl:
A lot more passing at the USAC show than the local show opener. Its always easier to pass and race at Lawrenceburg when it has moisture rather than when its dead slick. RPMS and horsepower are RPMS and horsepower, if something is going to fail track conditions are mostly irrelevant. Landon's week 1 $600 tire estimate is conservative, and after 10 nights that is $6000, probably more than an engine rebuild.
When it's heavy that's more strain and grunting your motor has to do I remember a race last year 11 out of 20 cars in the feature in the infield over heating and chuck I think that's the night your talking about with Leary and his motor went up in smoke after the checkers. So track condition does have a big play in life on the motors however there was for sure more passing USAC night because there were triple the cars and the best drivers in the nation
2 Likes: FishBurger, LUCKYONE
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #32 4/25/14 10:48 PM
Looking like another beautiful evening for racing! Considering how this spring started who would have thought all the April race weekends would be this nice!

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, RichH, sprintsrule
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #33 4/26/14 11:07 AM
Its a beautiful day here at the Burg! See you all tonight!
2 Likes: Charles Nungester, midwest84
Newport13 (Offline)
  #34 4/26/14 11:20 AM
Hitting Beulah Park for some horse racing, then straight to the Burg for Sprinter action. From 1 to 800 horsepower....what a Saturday!
4 Likes: Danny Burton, FishBurger, jim goerge, SPRINTCAR
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #35 4/26/14 11:24 AM
On my way!
Hope everyone has a safe, fun day

Charles Nungester
2 Likes: Phylo82, racegal
jts machine shop (Offline)
  #36 4/26/14 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by hupp#9:
i didn't even hurt a tore last week put on all new rubber and both lr and rr still have plenty left for another feature nipples are barely gone the opener yes i killed every tire on my car...
I'd rather bye tires than a motor and when it's heavy it cuts motors life by 50 percent easy and is hard on equipment and less passing plus kills the low budget teams with little motors
amen logan!!!
mscs20 (Offline)
  #37 4/26/14 1:23 PM
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell:
Its a beautiful day here at the Burg! See you all tonight!
I'm bringing the #20 tonight Dave from Illinois.

Steve
FishBurger (Offline)
  #38 4/26/14 9:52 PM
4/26/14

20 Sprints

Heats won by T.J. Heil, Logan Hupp, and Mike Miller

Feature

1-Logan Hupp - for the second week in a row
2-Shawn Westerfeld - great duel for the final 5 laps or so
3-Kyle Robbins - very nice run
4-Joss Moffatt - moved forward nicely
5-Dalton Gabbard
6-Landon Simon-from 12th

Simon was nearly taken out twice, first by Applegate, then on a restart by Gabbard.
Applegate upside down with 5 to go. Got out O.K. Car didn't look too bad.

That's all I got.
11 Likes: Gregg, jim goerge, Justigit, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan, Phylo82, racegal, RichH, SlingShock, smith19, SprintManDave
johnnythunderhead (Offline)
  #39 4/26/14 11:26 PM
decent racing track wasn't heavy or real dry and appeared smooth and was racey as usual, didn't get dusty till the mod feach when the wind changed direction/ 20 sprints is enough for a feach although more is even better. big crowd but I spect half got in free due to military nite and harf nite, don't know about the pickles n onions situation
Phylo82 (Offline)
  #40 4/26/14 11:32 PM
Can't thank Chris Naber enough for his help this evening......the difference between a good car and a really good car is a guy who knows what he's doing. He took a lot of stress off the car owner......aka, me!

Phil Heil
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt
2 Likes: FishBurger, johnnythunderhead