IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
kdobson (Offline)
  #31 9/14/13 11:25 AM
We didn't forget the mayor Pat. Took him to the pits because he wanted to meet Mr Fike who does business here. Wonderful seeing you last night Pat. And thanks for the kind words.
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, mowerman, pat54
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #32 9/14/13 12:15 PM
Sorry to be a negative Nellie but it was one the worst national anthems I have ever witnessed at a racetrack. Not to just critisize this speedway but in general just not sure why tracks think they need to variate from the straight up version and try to make a showcase out of it.
IMHO it is disrespectful to all Americans & this country.
That is all.
3 Likes: dirtball, racegal, racing2bwithu2
illinifan (Offline)
  #33 9/14/13 12:29 PM
I have to agree with Indy1808 on the anthem, I like the idea of tryin something different this one jus didn't work IMHO. As for the racing, what a great night, action was really good. I was impressed with how the track crew kept bringin the track back, proves to me the promotors care about their fans and racers, so as a fan I tip my hat to you for that and you will always have us in attendance, really lookin forward to buyin WoO tix for next year. Thanks for bringing great open wheel action to central Illinois Mr. Dobson, I for one really appreciate it.
3 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, mr nobody, racing2bwithu2
kdobson (Offline)
  #34 9/14/13 12:47 PM
Even I have to agree with you on the National Anthem. That's not how the performance was represented to us. It was to be a much more mellow and respectful rendition. Our sincere apologies to anyone who like myself found it inappropriate for the occasion. Lesson learned.
9 Likes: billwill7, dirtball, dirtnonwingfan, ISF, luckybuc97, mowerman, racegal, racing2bwithu2, SpfldMile
oppweld (Offline)
  #35 9/15/13 10:47 AM
Jacksonville is as good as its gets when it comes to midget racing, The facilities and program are top notch. As for the anthem, I will give them a pass as they went out on a limb giving a guy a chance to do his best Jimi Hendrix impression. I have heard much worse done by many dirt track American Idol wannabes.
Steve Wendel (Offline)
  #36 9/15/13 5:09 PM
Great night at Jacksonville,this was my second trip and won't be the last,Great racing, friendly fans and staff,Everyone seemed to be on the same page.It was nice to meet Gail and Loyd, we didn't get to visit much because the program kept moving fast!
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #37 9/15/13 6:37 PM
IOWers seem to attract each other. I put down my seat early at Jacksonville and when I came back from the pits, Lloyd and Gail were right behind me. Next day I went to the buffet on my way to TriState and the host set me right next to Lloyd and Gail's table.

What a night! They really know how to prepare and renew a track. The racing was absolutely excellent. I would have been extremely happy with just the POWRi races, but that MOWA feature was one of the best I have seen. What a finish! A few more like that could make me change my nickname. I hope that both BC and Christopher have MOWA rides for the Friday Gold Crown show. If owners have a good winged 410 seat available they might want to look around for other midget drivers to fill the seat. Not to mention any names (Steve Buckwalter) but I hear that there might be a Pennsylvania driver or two with winged experience. I would love to see them in the mix at Tri-City in a sprint.

Frank Daigh
2 Likes: billwill7, racing2bwithu2
mr nobody (Offline)
  #38 9/15/13 6:46 PM
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan:
IOWers seem to attract each other. I put down my seat early at Jacksonville and when I came back from the pits, Lloyd and Gail were right behind me. Next day I went to the buffet on my way to TriState and the host set me right next to Lloyd and Gail's table.

What a night! They really know how to prepare and renew a track. The racing was absolutely excellent. I would have been extremely happy with just the POWRi races, but that MOWA feature was one of the best I have seen. What a finish! A few more like that could make me change my nickname. I hope that both BC and Christopher have MOWA rides for the Friday Gold Crown show. If owners have a good winged 410 seat available they might want to look around for other midget drivers to fill the seat. Not to mention any names (Steve Buckwalter) but I hear that there might be a Pennsylvania driver or two with winged experience. I would love to see them in the mix at Tri-City in a sprint.
Don't forget about the back to back races at Lincoln and Jacksonville that are a week after the Gold Crown date. If there is any way better to end a racing season then the last two shows at those tracks, I have no clue what that way would be.
kdobson (Offline)
  #39 9/15/13 8:24 PM
For those of you that couldn't make it, here's the finish at the line. Clauson outside in Silver 21x. Bell inside in the white 53.

6 Likes: billwill7, dirtnonwingfan, racing2bwithu2, SDHill89, SpfldMile, Steve Wendel
SHORTBUS (Offline)
  #40 9/15/13 8:36 PM
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan:
iowers seem to attract each other. I put down my seat early at jacksonville and when i came back from the pits, lloyd and gail were right behind me. Next day i went to the buffet on my way to tristate and the host set me right next to lloyd and gail's table.

What a night! They really know how to prepare and renew a track. The racing was absolutely excellent. I would have been extremely happy with just the powri races, but that mowa feature was one of the best i have seen. What a finish! A few more like that could make me change my nickname. I hope that both bc and christopher have mowa rides for the friday gold crown show. If owners have a good winged 410 seat available they might want to look around for other midget drivers to fill the seat. Not to mention any names (steve buckwalter) but i hear that there might be a pennsylvania driver or two with winged experience. I would love to see them in the mix at tri-city in a sprint.
i was also at the buffet to the right of lloyd & gail.if i had only known. Maybe next time