IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
duel (Offline)
  #31 6/4/12 12:36 PM
The 74 race was my first Hoosier Hundred. I remember 3 cars going under the white flag with each a chance to win. I thought Mario and Al got together in 3 a little bit trying to get by Howerton. Jackie led all 100 laps and I believe the car was owned by Pat Patrick.
miledirt (Offline)
  #32 6/4/12 12:44 PM
The issue with the Hoosier 100 and USAC in general is primarily one thing... car count. Drivers and owners have spoken and there is a reason why they are staying away. One reason, maybe the primary reason, is the fuel issue.

But USAC has got to figure out how to get those cars out of the garages, barns, and sheds of Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, etc... and get car counts back up in the 30's and eventually into the 40's where it was not so long ago.
5 Likes: duel, koolaid89, racephoto1, SC90
flatout (Offline)
  #33 6/4/12 5:41 PM
I find it interesting that the OP has not posted since the race. How did the nozzle change work out for everyone.
2 Likes: Honest-Sam, SC90
Pat O'Connor Fan (Offline)
  #34 6/4/12 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by cecil98:
were any other IOW'ers there that day??
My first ex-wife and I attended that event.

note that the combination of "first" (indicating that there was a second) and "ex-wife" can lead to health and financial problems
2 Likes: cowboyhar69, Mud Packer
fasster23 (Offline)
  #35 6/5/12 12:45 AM
I was in attendance. Went to THAT Thurs night then to the Fairgrounds Friday. I got to meet two amazing men there. Shane Hmiel and Jack Hewitt. I drove all the way from Kansas City to be there. We went there to learn more about the Crown cars. My buddy has always wanted to run one and now we have the resources to do so. After seeing what took place it's needless to say we're a little apprehensive to do so. If the series survives the year we'll be part of the 2013 season but something will have to change for that to happen.

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: cowboyhar69, groove grabber