IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
cmiracingvids (Offline)
  #31 3/24/23 2:29 PM
Originally Posted by cowboyhar69:
Correct me if I’m wrong…. Kokomo, Lawrenceburg, Putnamville and Eldora has the no carry in beer rule, anyone care to add any other tracks? I like and drink beer also but if no carry in beer is allowed then so be it. Not gonna stop me from going to a race anywhere.
Not sure about the new promoters, but Circle City did not allow any alcohol to be brought in.
2 Likes: cowboyhar69, jdull99
Rapid Rick (Offline)
  #32 3/24/23 3:46 PM
Originally Posted by jdull99:
The only place I know of and even would think about it is the Indy 500. Everywhere else I fully expect to pay for all concessions (until later in the shows, then you hope they go cheaper on food before they throw it out).
Terre Haute and the Speedway have a long tradition of loyal infield patrons.
2 Likes: 2fast4u, oppweld
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #33 3/24/23 11:14 PM
None of this really matters, just thinking and was wondering what you all think. First off having been a Bill Rose fan for decades, this is just another reason to like the guy. But I was wondering about his support staff going in. Maybe he’s done this before, I’m not aware of it, but I’m just wondering if he put an alliance together with another established promoter. I haven’t seen any indication that he’s coming off the road with the Outlaws. If it’s none of my business, that’s fine too. Just thinking he might need some help
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Ilovedirttrackracing, openwheelfan1, oppweld, racefan20, RACrappieman
jdull99 (Offline)
  #34 3/25/23 2:13 AM
How bout if they charge a fair price for some of the beverages? Like a deal price on smthn...(most of our local bars these days offer at least Busch Light for $2-$3 range). Maybe just below top dollar; but enough to make everyone think they are getting a deal, but still supporting a business instead of carrying your own stuff in? (I'm not saying I've never carried my own stuff in, but I usually snuck it in and at any minute thought I could be busted; and NEVER expected it to be ok...). & yes, the local hockey team is up to like $7/$8 on regular nights for the best priced beer; and I decided to not go back (they do have a $2 deal night, but it doesn't work out for me to go to them). They would never allow you to carry anything in...(I thought of it).

Jason Dull
815 494 6002
jdull99@hotmail.com
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
3 Likes: Hustlin-Hoosier, Offroadrace_814, tirespinner
miledirt (Offline)
  #35 3/25/23 7:31 AM
Haubstadt I believe is, coolers allowed with anything just know bottles
6 Likes: luckybuc97, mc/rider, oppweld, racenut69, rdzsprint, tirespinner
brown11b (Offline)
  #36 3/25/23 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
None of this really matters, just thinking and was wondering what you all think. First off having been a Bill Rose fan for decades, this is just another reason to like the guy. But I was wondering about his support staff going in. Maybe he’s done this before, I’m not aware of it, but I’m just wondering if he put an alliance together with another established promoter. I haven’t seen any indication that he’s coming off the road with the Outlaws. If it’s none of my business, that’s fine too. Just thinking he might need some help
This was my thought as well.
Happy to see him out on the road tagging the field with the Outlaws, but am a bit worried about this deal. The Fair Board has a history of cycling through promoters, even very successful ones, and worry that this could be a short term failure due to lack of experience. Not sure of his funding either
6 Likes: bighd0522, Dirtfan, Ilovedirttrackracing, jdull99, luckybuc97, RacingFan52
oppweld (Offline)
  #37 3/25/23 2:55 PM
The only things that really matters to me is no rain and plenty of action on the track.
All you out there worried about race day operation and execution of the three events should contact Bill Rose and volunteer your services. See you all @ THAT!
15 Likes: boomer, BrentTFunk, bs71, Chief Wahoo, cowboyhar69, flagboy55, Hustlin-Hoosier, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, Offroadrace_814, opnwhlmnd, Pitdad, progressive22, rimrider69, tirespinner
BrentTFunk (Online)
  #38 3/26/23 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by oppweld:
The only things that really matters to me is no rain and plenty of action on the track.
All you out there worried about race day operation and execution of the three events should contact Bill Rose and volunteer your services. See you all @ THAT!
3 weeks from today. See you there
9 Likes: cowboyhar69, Dirtfan, flagboy55, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, mc/rider, opnwhlmnd, oppweld, tirespinner
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #39 3/26/23 3:31 PM
All winter we heard on here at the asylum that we hope Terre Haute survives and they find someone to promote it. They announce they have chosen a new promotor and now the same said asylum members are questioning the choice and don't think Billy has the ability or finances to do it correctly.

My Granny always told me this:

Wisdom chases a lot of people but some are just too fast.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
13 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, Bill Angel, BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, Hustlin-Hoosier, Jerry Shaw, luckybuc97, okie, oppweld, PIT CART, rimrider69, tirespinner, TQ29m
racefan20 (Offline)
  #40 3/26/23 4:24 PM
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd:
All winter we heard on here at the asylum that we hope Terre Haute survives and they find someone to promote it. They announce they have chosen a new promotor and now the same said asylum members are questioning the choice and don't think Billy has the ability or finances to do it correctly.

My Granny always told me this:

Wisdom chases a lot of people but some are just too fast.
I havent seen anyone say that he doesnt have the ability or finances to do it. If he's gonna continue to run with the outlaws I wonder how he has the time but i'm sure he has that figured out.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
7 Likes: BrentTFunk, flagboy55, luckybuc97, oppweld, PIT CART, progressive22, tirespinner