IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #31 9/18/22 8:59 PM
[quote=yeleyfan76;557676]
Originally Posted by dsc1600:
Only In racing are paying customers called “keyboard reporters/warriors” etc… Ultimately midnight is too late to complete a show where weather wasn’t a concern.

Just making sure all of those whining about midnight in the east know that it’s only 11:00 in the central time zone, and by the way Haubstadt is in that time zone. Why in the world would the track need to cater to the east???? So ultimately 11:00 is just fine.
Exactly Yeley, nicely put. You beat me to it. If TSS moved it up a hour then the same ones griping, would be complaining they have to leave a hour earlier and still complaining about losing a hour on the way back North or East.

There were also several wrecks that took some time to clean up. Was last rework necessary? I’d say yes. There were a few Mini’s that left some nice fluid trails on the track during their B’s and the feature.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
Chief Wahoo (Offline)
  #32 9/18/22 9:10 PM
Originally Posted by dsc1600:
Only In racing are paying customers called “keyboard reporters/warriors” etc… Ultimately midnight is too late to complete a show where weather wasn’t a concern.

As long as the criticism isn’t personal or excessive, take it as constructive and improve.
Race was over little after 11PM not midnight. Where you there? Asking for a friend.

Eat dirt, be happy
Let’s go Brandon!!
Bryan Hirshman
6 Likes: Dirtfan, Ilovedirttrackracing, luckybuc97, mc/rider, racenut69, Rpracing1
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #33 9/18/22 10:41 PM
Ya gotta love everyone on here, lord knows I sure do. It’s kinda like the world, truth is subjective. I will be the first to say I love TSS, they work their asses off. I don’t mind the tractor show at all because the end results are usually worth the extra time. But for 2 classes it went long, that is the truth. Maybe the mini sprints shouldn’t be on the card as it seemed they took up extra time flipping on several occasions. Haubstadt is the class track, but we don’t need to make excuses for an inefficient program that happened Saturday
2 Likes: Hubie48, PIT CART
Dale (Offline)
  #34 9/19/22 8:17 AM
Originally Posted by wildman92:
We live in “the East” (Bloomington) and we choose to go to a track that is in the central time zone. That track doesn’t owe us a “get over early” night. Sheesh!! We make the choice which includes the choice to drive home after, regardless What time it gets over. And if it’s going long and we’re ready to leave, guess what, we will leave!!
How much quicker do you get home since the I69 extension opened?
wildman92 (Offline)
  #35 9/19/22 8:47 AM
Originally Posted by Dale:
How much quicker do you get home since the I69 extension opened?
About 45 mins quicker. Very nice.

Jen Kelley (she/her)
4 Likes: chrismattlin, Ilovedirttrackracing, racenut69, Rpracing1
nodramazone20 (Offline)
  #36 9/19/22 9:02 AM
Does anyone know what the deal is with parking, and or camping parking??? Did the neighbors complain about noise and trash, so is that why they have moved the camping to back???.....Our group usually pulls back there and tailgates , but we parked elsewhere?.....Just looking for information on going forward rest of this year and into 23
NOSTINKINWINGS (Offline)
  #37 9/19/22 9:17 AM
TH should be "Promoter of the Year" every year.....
3 Likes: Dirtfan, oppweld, Rpracing1
yeleyfan76 (Offline)
  #38 9/19/22 9:27 AM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
2 classes, come on man? I applaud everyone who went, well done. I love TSS. But shouldn’t it have been done better? Especially with group qualifying?
I did not debate that it took too long. I took issue with the comment about consideration for the time zone thing. Any show with group qualifying and only 2 classes should be clean and crisp. I’ll also bet you some 3 Floyd’s that if he started at 6:30 and the show was over before 9:00 people would whine that they didn’t get their monies worth. I guarantee it. Let’s all agree it was a great show and go forward. BTW I hope Eldora works with you on Sat and starts later so you can make it from CDT. 😎
2 Likes: oppweld, PIT CART
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #39 9/19/22 9:35 AM
Originally Posted by nodramazone20:
Does anyone know what the deal is with parking, and or camping parking??? Did the neighbors complain about noise and trash, so is that why they have moved the camping to back???.....Our group usually pulls back there and tailgates , but we parked elsewhere?.....Just looking for information on going forward rest of this year and into 23
I believe it stems from the elevation of the ground and water runoff. And if they can place campers further away from neighborhood, eliminates most potential issues.
2 Likes: Dirtfan, oppweld
Dale (Offline)
  #40 9/19/22 9:46 AM
Hopefully some of you will find something else to do October 8. There are three classes running.