IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Closed Thread
PJ Wright (Offline)
  #31 4/2/22 12:14 PM
I wonder how many spectators would actually attend given the weather, Flo, and the March Madness. A promotor needs the casual fan, we diehards alone are not enough to make it financially viable.[/QUOTE]

Given that the Flo and March madness elements were known in advance that leaves weather as the only variable. We diehards have all traveled to races held under much worse forecasts, so I suspect your comment about the need for casual fan support is correct. That being the case, I'm afraid promoters are going to be very quick to pull the plug on any raceday that doesn't have perfect weather especially if it's a special (increased purse) event.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #32 4/2/22 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by PJ Wright:
I wonder how many spectators would actually attend given the weather, Flo, and the March Madness. A promotor needs the casual fan, we diehards alone are not enough to make it financially viable.
Given that the Flo and March madness elements were known in advance that leaves weather as the only variable. We diehards have all traveled to races held under much worse forecasts, so I suspect your comment about the need for casual fan support is correct. That being the case, I'm afraid promoters are going to be very quick to pull the plug on any raceday that doesn't have perfect weather especially if it's a special (increased purse) event.[/QUOTE]

And I think the price of gas will play into that too. If its iffy weather people may not make the gas investment and maybe not see a race.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
2 Likes: cowboyhar69, tirespinner
Closed Thread