IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
motorhead748 (Offline)
  #31 5/12/19 9:45 AM
As I did last nite, eldora is one of the few tracks that I will take a new fan too, especially a female. Because the restrooms are big & clean, concessions are good, they start on time & new fan wouldn't know a good race from a not so good race. We went and had a great time even tho it rained out.
16 Likes: BrentTFunk, davidm, dirt330, dirtball, EBookerFan, erich45, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, Jbaldwin, Kydehart, nathans1012, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, RockinRy, ronmil, tirespinner
Spi-nex (Offline)
  #32 5/12/19 10:33 AM
It absolutely boggles my mind that veteran race fans would go to a half mile track and still expect the same thing they see on a bull ring. Half miles are a completely different style of racing. The speeds are much higher, the drivers have to be more calculating in the risk, the repercussions are more if they are wrong, things take longer to set-up, etc. It's much more of a poetry in motion race than a cushion pounding thrill ride of a short track.
31 Likes: Al Pierce, bpa94, BrentTFunk, Chief Wahoo, davidm, dkdorkboy, Eatin Dirt, erich45, fish, flagboy55, Hammer, hoscalecody, Hustlin-Hoosier, i love dirt track racing, interpreter66, ISF, Jbaldwin, mc/rider, motorhead748, nathans1012, Owen, Pat O'Connor Fan, PIT CART, PJ Wright, robert gatten, RockinRy, ronmil, SPRINTCAR, tirespinner, wallbanger II, wright59
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #33 5/12/19 11:43 AM
Originally Posted by PIT CART:
I really enjoyed the racing last night, I just wish people would sit down!!
Was you at a Nascar race?
4 Likes: chrismattlin, dirtball, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
PIT CART (Offline)
  #34 5/12/19 3:56 PM
At times I felt like it!!! Other than that I really enjoyed the racing 🏁
3 Likes: fish, Pat O'Connor Fan, tirespinner
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #35 5/12/19 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by motorhead748:
....We went and had a great time even tho it rained out.
Rescheduled for July 17th. That makes five nights of WoO:

16th: Brad Doty Classic at Attica
17th: Let's Race Two with USAC
18th: Joker's Wild
19th: Knight Before the King's Royal
20th: King's Royal

Wristbands will be honored on the 17th,

http://tjslideways.com/2019/05/12/le...for-july-17th/
3 Likes: motorhead748, nathans1012, tirespinner
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #36 5/12/19 10:57 PM
.....AND the 17th is the night before Indiana Sprint Week starts at Gas City. Even though it is across the border, it is like ISW just got bigger.

Win/win for both wing and non-wing fans.
10 Likes: BrentTFunk, Can26, duel, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, Jbaldwin, motorhead748, nathans1012, PIT CART, tirespinner
tamati (Offline)
  #37 5/13/19 3:32 AM
I had a great time the track was the best I have seen it in a long time. 37 USAC sprints on a well prepared half mile, loved every minute of it. Cars going well over a 100 miles an hour whats not to like about that. My favorite sprints on a 1/2 mile friends and family and cold beer doesn't get any better.
11 Likes: BrentTFunk, duel, erich45, flagboy55, i love dirt track racing, Jbaldwin, K9Racer, Kydehart, mc/rider, RockinRy, tirespinner
cmakin (Offline)
  #38 5/13/19 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Scott Daloisio:
There are just some people who you could send a limo to pick them up and drive them to the track for free. You could stop to feed them on the way there, let them into the race free, give them a free t-shirt and feed them again while there. Then after the race, you have the limo drive them home and on the way, stop to feed them and get them laid as well. And, do you know what? Some of them would still complain!

Yeah, the limo driver had bad breath. . . .

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
2 Likes: Danny Burton, tirespinner
berks co (Offline)
  #39 5/13/19 11:55 AM
Go to Indy for sprint week instead

Daniel Cohen