IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Ty (Offline)
  #31 6/19/18 3:17 PM
It was advertised when this show first came out that it was going to be on the new 3/8th mile track. It turned out to be a much better show than I'm sure it would've been on the 5/8th. Guys barely want to race at Terre Haute anymore, 5/8th Bridgeport makes Terre Haute look like a 1/4 mile. It's 5/8th around the inside of the track
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge
Ty (Offline)
  #32 6/19/18 3:21 PM
Originally Posted by Birdsboro:
i won't lie, i was actually hoping they would run the 1/4 mile track instead...... bring alittle indiana bullring racing to the east.
It wouldn't have been that great of a show on the 1/4 mile. It isn't banked enough and it's pretty narrow for sprint cars. What I would love to see is a triple crown at Bridgeport with midgets on the 1/4 mile, sprint cars on the 3/8, and silver crown on the 5/8.
10 Likes: addictedtodirt, bighd0522, BrentTFunk, davidm, erich45, interpreter66, jim goerge, mc/rider, SOROKACH35FAN, stp6237
brsteg (Offline)
  #33 6/19/18 3:30 PM
Originally Posted by david mitchell:
Racin Rich ,believe me it is not always 80 degrees at Perris in November.I have spent many very cold nights there.Do I think Sprintweek should end at Kokomo yes.Do I think the Champion should be crowned here in the midwest ,yes.Do I think USAC should change their race format ,yes.Did I wonder why they were not running the big track tonight,yes.Why is it that topics the least bit controversial are deemed to be ********.I thought a forum was supposed to be a melting pot of ideas,and discussions.It seems controversy and fun are frowned at on this outlet.This is entertainment.
What do you like? What should be unchanged?
jim goerge (Offline)
  #34 6/19/18 11:14 PM
If I answered David and Game Hunter the way I want I think Mrs G would tell me to leave and never come back Have never seen anyone who is so such a b^^^^ reminds me of my ex
5 Likes: btg1963, i love dirt track racing, mc/rider, ronmil, Rpracing1
revjimk (Offline)
  #35 6/19/18 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by Ty:
It wouldn't have been that great of a show on the 1/4 mile. It isn't banked enough and it's pretty narrow for sprint cars. What I would love to see is a triple crown at Bridgeport with midgets on the 1/4 mile, sprint cars on the 3/8, and silver crown on the 5/8.
Thats actually an excellent idea!
flagboy55 (Offline)
  #36 6/20/18 12:48 AM
I'm in the minority but I'm glad David keeps posting, he is entertaining. While I love bullrings the best races are on the half miles, or perhaps I should say "were" on the half miles. Eldora is no longer the great track that it's reputation was built on, and Terre Haute is only close to what it once was when mother nature adds enough water. I'm not bashing, just stating fact. I still go to both every chance I get. These tracks in their prime added an element to racing that bullrings cannot duplicate. That element might be called speed!
3 Likes: Kydehart, Racer12, spicoli
Kydehart (Offline)
  #37 6/20/18 1:43 AM
Originally Posted by flagboy55:
I'm in the minority but I'm glad David keeps posting, he is entertaining. While I love bullrings the best races are on the half miles, or perhaps I should say "were" on the half miles. Eldora is no longer the great track that it's reputation was built on, and Terre Haute is only close to what it once was when mother nature adds enough water. I'm not bashing, just stating fact. I still go to both every chance I get. These tracks in their prime added an element to racing that bullrings cannot duplicate. That element might be called speed!
I absolutely agree. Get a half mile track right for non wing sprint cars and you have a sight to behold. Impossible to beat. Bullrings are awesome for the winged cars because they don't have to worry about clean air or horsepower. Big tracks with winged cars are just chassis dynos.
Backitin (Offline)
  #38 6/20/18 9:34 AM
I see the winner of weedsport was actually complaining that his car made too much power. Imagine that 900hp being too much, that's a first for me to hear a dirt driver saying he had too much motor. They must have thought they were running the 5/8 Bridgeport track or were running a central PA winged race.
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #39 6/20/18 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by Backitin:
I see the winner of weedsport was actually complaining that his car made too much power. Imagine that 900hp being too much, that's a first for me to hear a dirt driver saying he had too much motor. They must have thought they were running the 5/8 Bridgeport track or were running a central PA winged race.
Don't think it was a complaint, more of a concern of hooking the car up.
3 Likes: captrat, jim goerge, PJ Wright
Big Game Hunter (Offline)
  #40 6/20/18 4:08 PM
Hey Jim this is not David Mitchell's burner account I'm on here to talk about racing not somelses account